Four

Authors POV

The next day, Arabella woke up and got dressed.
All that had been on her mind was how she didn't see him there. That was all she had really hoped for, if she was honest with you. She got dressed and walked downstairs grabbing her school bag and phone. She sat on the steps of her home waiting for her friends to pick her up.

( outfit )

( outfit )

Finally, Marcus pulls up with his car and Arabella gets in. As she does, she doesn't notice the worry look Marcus has on his face when she steps in. Her head is down, she just says hi and watched everyone else talk. Marcus knows theirs something wrong.

When they all arrive to school, from across the courtyard, Danny, Sam, and Tucker sit watching as everyone climbs out of the car. Danny feels the jealousy creep inside him when he watches Marcus throw his arm around Arabella's shoulders. He watches as she smiled but still keeps her head down. The bell rings and everyone heads inside. It's Danny's turn to have his head down. He takes out his phone and finds Arabella's contact.

Danny- hey are you okay?

Bella- I'm fine

Danny- are you sure? You look upset

Bella- yea I'm sure. You don't have to worry about me Danny

Danny- Okay, if you need to talk I'm here

Bella- okay thanks that means a lot

Danny- no problem :)

This time Danny doesn't get a response. Sam and Tucker wait for Danny as he stands at his locker getting his things. Tucker starts up a conversation.

" did you guys see Arabella's group yesterday? They were crazy." Tucker had a large smile on his face, his mind trailing to star. Sam nodded and said " they did good. I liked their style more than the song itself. " Danny nodded, a little bummed out that he didn't know what was wrong with Arabella. Sam noticed this, and asked. " what's wrong Danny?" He looked to her and shook his head. Tucker grinned and put a hind on his shoulder " Did Arabella do something?" Danny turned his head slightly. " it's not what she did. More like what she isn't telling me." Sam raised her brow and said " what do you mean? You think she's gonna pull a prank or something?" Danny shook his head.

" I mean, she's been upset since she got here. I texted her but she won't tell me what's wrong." Tucker looked down and then searched the hallway for a rather large and loud crowd. Once he found them, he noticed that Arabella did have her head down. Her hair fell over the side of her face, making it almost impossible to see her. Tucker tapped Danny's shoulder and said " yea your right. I didn't even notice her for a second." Danny shut his locker and turned around finding her instantly. Then, just a few seconds later, she looked up.

They're eyes met and Danny wasn't sure what he was doing. He began to walk over to her. He saw her pull the strands of hair behind her ear. She started making her way over to him. Her friend group went silent, watching closely.

Danny and Arabella now stood face to face.

" can I talk to you" his voice came out, almost in a whisper. If she hadn't been paying close attention she would have missed it.

" sure." She said. Her eyes never falling from his. He took her hand in his, and walked her down the hallway. They turned the corner, and they stop.

" what's wrong with you?" He says. The worry is in his voice but anger seemed to scream louder than the worry.

" I'm fine Danny." She kept her gaze down. She refused to meet his eyes. He kept his gazed pinned to her. Staring her down. " Arabella." She sighed and clenched her fists.

" listen Danny. I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me. Your too busy to do anything else right? Just stick to your own stuff." She said. The words coming out more bitter than upset. She glared harshly up at him. She pushed him to the side, but not too roughly, and walked away down the hall.

Around the corner, Paulina, Sam, Tucker and Marcus were all standing near the wall listening to the conversation. Marcus walked over to Danny and put his hand on his shoulder. Seeing Danny was shocked by the action, he jumped. Marcus looked down and said " she'll come around. She just needs to blow off steam." Danny nodded and watched her walk down the hall and turn the corner.

The doors too the girls bathroom pushed open, and the girls standing in front of the mirrors quickly left.

Arabella walked towards the largest bathroom stall, and Locked the door. She dropped her bag and leaned against the wall.

She let the tears fall from her face and she sat down. She wrapped her arms around her shoulder and looked up. Above her was the window leading outside. She continued to cry in the bathroom. Her makeup was now ruined, her hair was now a mess because she kept running her fingers through it. He really didn't care did he?

He couldn't see how hurt she was.

Slowly she began to sing, hoping it would make her feel better.

" Momma said there'd be boys like you...
T-Tearing my heart in two, doing what y-you do, best.." she felt a sob rip from her through and she sat back again. Letting herself let go slowly. Just sitting there, crying.

Then, a spark came from her hands. She froze and looked down. Small sparks began to appear. She turned her hands over and saw her veins start to light up a bit. She stood up and ran over to the mirror.

She saw her reflection and her eyes were turning orange. She looked down, and snapped her fingers. Suddenly a small flame appeared. She felt a smile grace her lips as she opened her hand and the flame grew. She did the same to the other hand. Fire. She had fire. In her hands. She breathed slightly.

Then the bathroom door opened. " Bella?"

It was Paulina. The flames went out and Arabella brushed her hands against the bottom of her dress. She opened the stall door and Paulina had a relived smile. She hugged her and said " I though you left the school or something." Arabella shook her head and hugged her back.

Paulina jumped. Paulina looked down at her hands and said " why are your hands so hot. It's like you held fire or something." Arabella laughed nervously. Paulina reached down and grabbed Arabella's bag. She grabbed her wrist and said " come one, we need to get to class." Arabella nodded, and just like that.

The Phoenix was born.