Eight

Arabella was waiting in line for her food. The first half of the day had went by fast. She was now just chatting with Star and Marcus. Marcus was talking about getting a new car, while Star was talking about the new shoes she saw that she wanted.

" so Bella you think you can come shopping with Paulina and me? "

She paused for a second. Thoughts running through her mind. She smiled at Star and said " sorry but I think I need a day to myself. Being back and everything and I still need to catch up on my classes. Grab something for me though."

Star smiled and nodded. The three grabbed their tray and walked back over to the table.

As Arabella took her seat in between Paulina and Dash, she has her arm linked with Paulinas as Dash swings his arm around her shoulder.

Sometimes she can help but feel like they're always crowding her.
" did you guys see Mikey? He has not changed." Star said as she took a sip of her drink. Paulina nodded in agreement. Marcus took the time to chime in. " so what are we doing today? We could hang out at my place. " dash grinned and they gave each other a fist pump. " sure we can do that." Paulina said.

" After football" Kwan said, making sure that Dash didn't skip out this time just to hang out with Arabella. Dash groaned and said " but coach pushes us to the floor for no reason. Besides I'll be fine Kwan."

Kwan rolled his eyes, knowing EXACLTY the reason behind him skipping practice. For the fourth time this week. ( -_-MHm i swear if I was- let me not )

Across the lunch room, sat Danny, Sam and Tucker. " so, are you gonna do it?" Tucker asked, looking through his notebook to see if there was anything missing that he needed to get.
" yea just, they're all over her." Sam chuckled and said " what? You scared of Dash?" Danny tensed before letting out a nervous laugh. " what, no.."

Tucker grinned and said " dash won't do anything around Arabella. He's keeping up his good friend image you know."

Danny began to look over at her again. " okay." Danny said. " we just need to wait for her to leave and then I'll go." " what if she doesn't leave?" Sam said, crossing her arms. Danny looked down and scratched the back of his neck.

" then we try again tomorrow?"

Sam face palmed and said " oh god Danny. If you keep this up you'll never be okay with her again. "

Sam had enough of him. She stood up and dragged him across the lunch room. She stopped and pointed to their table. " go talk to her." She said. Danny felt his face turn red. He swallowed and said " but sa-"

" no but's. Go." Sam said, leaving no room for him to argue. He sighed and walked over to the table. He felt his stomach fill with butterflies. Suddenly, Paulina took notice of him.

When Danny was close enough he could hear Star whisper to Kwan. " why is he coming over here?"

Danny ignored them and continued. When he got to the table, he looked at Arabella. " Um, uh, A-Arabella, can we t-talk?"

She smiled and stood up. Paulina grabbed her hand and looked at her. " your going with him?" She said, in an almost fearful manner. Arabella shrugged and said " what harm could be done?"

She turned back to Danny and said " let's go outside."

She grabbed his hand, leaving his face fuming in a dark shade of pink. Dash and Paulina glared at them as they walked away. Marcus spoke up. " so, I'm assuming-"

" he likes her." Paulina said. Her voice filled with hatred for Danny. " he's gonna take her from us. I am NOT losing my best friend to him." Paulina turned to Dash and said " he won't take her from you either."

Dash scoffed and said " I know he won't." He looked at Marcus. Marcus nodded, not needing him to say anything at all, to know what to do.

Sam smirked as she saw Arabella grab Danny and leave the room. " he was just too scared. If he waited he would never get to her."

Tucker nodded as he wasn't really paying attention but focusing on the food instead. " is it me or does the food taste good today?" Tucker said.

Sam turned to him wide eyed and said " you really are an idiot."

Out in the courtyard, Arabella and Danny were walking. The tension in the air was noticeably uncomfortable.
" So, um, how are you?" Danny asked. He looked at her, a little worried she would yell at him. Arabella looked at him and said " I'm alright."

They went back into silence. Finally, Arabella let out a breath and stopped. Danny stopped, a little worried this was what he wanted to avoid. " Look Danny I'm sorry, for getting mad at you and getting mad at your friend I didn't mean too it was just-"

" you didn't think I went to the show right?" She paused. She looked down. " I thought you just weren't interested. I tried looking for you but I couldn't find you."

Danny grabbed out his phone, earning a weird look from Arabella. He went to his messages and clicked on her name. He then handed his phone to her.

" I texted you I was there. It didn't go through."

Arabella felt her face heat up. She handed the phone back to him. " I'm so sorry. Oh god I'm such an idiot." Arabella said. Danny chuckled before shrugging. "It's alright. You couldn't have known." Arabella nodded and said " do you want to go back inside? I'm sure your still hungry." Danny shook his head.

" I'm fine, I wasn't really hungry anyways. What about you?"

Arabella widened her eyes and grinned. " that was not pleasant food." Danny laughed and continued walking. The two found themselves in the football field. Arabella grabbed Danny's hand and pulled him over to the bleachers. " we can sit now. My feet hurt." The two walked over to the bleachers. They sat down and looked around the field seeing people scattered. Some in groups others walking around.

" so, Arabella I was thinking, you think we could maybe hang out later?"

Arabella stopped and thought. Just as she was about to answer the bell rang signaling that lunch was over. Across the courtyard, on one end we're Sam and Tucker walking towards Danny and Arabella. On the other end, Paulina, Dash, Marcus, Star, Kwan and Lissa were walking over to Arabella.

" oh, I think I see star, I can't hang out later I have cheerleading try outs. But maybe tomorrow if you want?"

Danny blushed and nodded. " yea we can do that." She smiled and said " oh, you can invite your friends too. I would like to meet them if that's okay." Danny nodded stepping down the bleachers and helping Arabella down. She walked and waved at Danny. The two parted ways.

What Danny didn't know what that his fight for her was going to be ten times harder, now the the plan was set in action.