CHAPTER 4

Fun chapter! I hope everyone likes it too. :)

Please read and review. I love reading reviews because it helps motivate my writing, while other reviews help me become a better writer.

Enjoy Chapter Four!

Let me know your thoughts so far! Trust me. It helps loads! :) Stay safe, beautiful people!

HAPPY READING! :)

Two weeks to the ball, Ginny cornered Hermione after Arithmancy class with a crazy look on her face and her usually neat red hair in disarray.

Hermione held her books up in defence and asked cautiously, "What's up, Gin?"

Ginny had a wild look in her eyes, and her whole demeanour was terrifying.

She stepped closer to Hermione and squealed excitedly, "SHOPPING!" A few students standing close to him jumped and eyed them suspiciously.

"We need new dresses for the ball," Ginny explained further, and Hermione visibly relaxed.

Well, the redhead had her there, she thought. She desperately needed a nice new dress.

Besides, she wanted to shake things up, step out of her comfort zone and wear something sexy and daring.

Her only female best friend was the perfect person to help make that a reality.

"Sure, Gin, this weekend, let's hop over to Hogsmeade," Hermione replied, suddenly excited at the prospect.

Ginny linked her arm through hers and beamed, "My thoughts exactly."

Hermione fell into a pattern around Draco. At least he wasn't a complete prat.

They usually ignored each other, or he stared at her intently enough to make her flee to her room.

Draco did, however, have a long line of women at his door, a new one practically every other day and the only repeat was Astoria.

It was near torture to endure these girls gush and swoon over him like he was something special.

Just the other day, he caught her looking and raised an eyebrow.

Rolling her eyes, she proceeded to show him a disgusted throwing up face with elaborate actions.

He laughed and continued to snog the living daylights out of Astoria.

Grudgingly, they tolerated each other's existence.

The weekend came fast, and the girls were glad.

The demanding nature of their last year at Hogwarts took its toll on even the brightest of witches and wizards.

Homework and coursework had them up till late into the night. Even the meticulous Head Girl was exhausted.

Draco grimaced, pushed her papers around and asked in shock, "How can you study so much?"

Hermione ignored him, her nose buried in books. She concentrated on the passage.

Shaking his head in bewilderment at the creature Granger was, he exited the dorm.

Ginny and Hermione walked along the streets of Hogsmeade hand in hand, admiring the many dresses put on display.

They went into their usual store, and Wendy greeted them cheerfully, "Heard about the Ball darlings, we have some stunning new designs."

The girls squealed in delight. Ginny was the first to find her dress after three tries. It was a light purple off-shoulder dress that flowed to the ground.