CHAPTER 16

Thank you so much for everyone who posted a review and for everyone following! It means so much! :)

LOVE ALWAYS PREVAILS!

Please read and review. I love reading reviews because it helps motivate my writing, while other reviews help me become a better writer.

To all the comments:- WOW! I'm blown away!

NEW UPDATE!

Enjoy Chapter Sixteen!

Let me know your thoughts so far! Trust me. It helps loads! :) Stay safe, beautiful people!

HAPPY READING! :)

3 years later

"RON, COME ON!" Harry yelled urgently over the sound of thunder.

The sky darkened, a slight drizzle fell upon them, and a dazzling bright light blurred their vision.

They hurriedly ran up the empty cobbled streets. Harry ducked another curse aimed straight for him.

The second Ron reached his side, he fired a curse at the hooded men and leaned flat against the wall that was closest to the alley.

They were hopelessly outnumbered.

Harry heard the sound of heavy footsteps. His breathing hastened. He didn't know whether it was friend or foe.

Clutching their wands tightly, Harry nodded at Ron and moved his head a fraction around the corner to get a better look.

There was a bellowing of black robes as Aurors apparated around them.

Draco rushed up the alley with his wand pointed threateningly. Harry visibly relaxed after seeing the pale-faced man.

Without hesitation, the ex - Slytherin pointed it at the retreating men and yelled, "Reducto!"

The adjoining wall crumbled and fell on the dark wizards, trapping them underneath.

An eerie silence followed, pierced by the deafening sound of thunder.

***

Harry and Ron joined straight out of Hogwarts and were well on their way to becoming highly skilled Aurors.

Draco joined The Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and he worked his way up in a short time to head the smaller divisions.

The wizards around him had their reservations about working with a former Death Eater, but he gained their trust and respect over time.

He still had the passion and skill to be a full-time Auror and accompanied Harry and Ron on low-level missions.

Even they had been impressed by Draco's mastery with the wand and Occulmency. It was an important skill to possess during interrogation.

Draco threw himself into work and furthering his education. It kept him focused and occupied.

Besides work, he also had his vast Malfoy Estate and family business to manage, but his achievements at the Ministry were his own and not credited to his infamous ancestry.

Since his father's cancer diagnosis and steadily deteriorating health, Draco was forced to take up the reins and assist his mother in any way necessary.

Except for the occasional outburst between Weasley and himself, the three ex enemies maintained a cordial and professional relationship.

They didn't speak of Hogwarts, they kept out of each other's way, and most importantly, none of them ever mentioned Hermione.