Patience X Is A X Virtue

A/N: I'm not dead! :D

'italics' means thoughts of a person or an animal or tree, also used for emphasising. Animals and trees don't necessarily talk, but can be understood by Sayomi as she only translates them.  

"Normal" writing is obviously for normal writing.  

'Bold italics' is when a person with blood lust, or something really dark is spoken. It just heightens tension.  

*insert japanese word* - a japanese word that has a meaning which will appear as an *asterisked word* that will contain the meaning of it.  

X • X • X 

-----Chapter 7: Patience X Is A X Virtue 

          "Hmmm..."  

Leorio stared intently in the eyes of Sayomi, who's crimson eyes persisted. His feet tapped on the ground at a speed as he had his arms folded across him, lowered on the ground to match Sayomi's height. For a while the two had a staring contest, while Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Tonpa waited for a response from either of the two. They had been doing this for a while since entering the room of punishment. Though, it was Leorio who started it. He glared with clear annoyance plastered across his face, and Sayomi stared back with a face of innocence, if it wasn't for the fact that she was able to eradicate two men within a blink of an eye.  

"I just don't get it." Leorio muttered when he blinked and leaned back.  

"What didn't you get from that?" Kurapika questioned in confusion, looking back and forth at Sayomi who blinked, but remained completely still and silent. Her emotionless expression did not waver either.  

"I don't know." Leorio said, "Maybe she's just pissing me off. I have questions for you, kid. What the hell are you? Are you like some sort of monster like Killua? Are you like a Kurta survivor like Kurapika? Are you as innocent as Gon or just an annoying little, sissy girl?"  

"First of all, it seems I have to repeat myself from before. My name is not 'kid.' It is Sayomi Yoshida." Sayomi answered, blinking with a blank look. "To answer your questions, No. I'm not a creature like Snowy there."  

"Urk, what the heck!?" Killua gritted his teeth as he began trudging towards Sayomi with a fist. "What did you just call me?"  

"Killua, calm down!" Gon held back Killua by pushing him back.  

"I'm not an easily-angered, irrational individual like Blondie." Sayomi continued, closing her eyes and folding her arms. Kurapika's lips twitched as he felt his nerves pop on his forehead. This girl... 

"And I'm not what you would call a complete moron like mountain boy."  

"Heeey!!" Gon called, pouting with hot steam puffing out from his nose and ears.  

"So, that makes you just an annoying girl?" Leorio raised a brow.  

"Not in the least. Don't label me as the same species as you." Sayomi finished. With this, Leorio grinded his teeth as blood rose up to his face in complete anger. This girl!  

"WHAAAAAAAT!?!?!?" He yelled, and that was when Kurapika and Gon jumped up to hold Leorio back. 

He pointed a finger at her direction again, but Sayomi didn't care one bit. She merely watched as he was being dragged away to be calmed down. She saw Tonpa smirk at her direction, agreeing with her statement just now but Sayomi didn't agree with his presence, or perhaps even his whole entire existence. She was about to turn around when the white-haired was still there, standing in front of her. He had his hands in his pockets, but that wasn't a gesture of acceptance or as if he was letting his guard down. Sayomi immediately figured in those pockets his hands had become claws, and she looked up at Killua to meet him in the eyes.