Tower X Of X Tricks

Update: Fixed some embarrassing mistakes!

'italics' means thoughts of a person or an animal or tree, also used for emphasising. Animals and trees don't necessarily talk, but can be understood by Sayomi as she only translates them.  

"Normal" writing is obviously for normal writing.  

'Bold italics' is when a person with blood lust, or something really dark is spoken. It just heightens tension.  

*insert japanese word* - a japanese word that has a meaning which will appear as an *asterisked word* that will contain the meaning of it.  

X X X 

-----Chapter 6: Tower X Of X Tricks

          Sayomi sighed as Hanzo straightened himself and glanced at the little girl in front of him. It was strange that the two unlikely people had to be partners on one certain point, or was it really? Either way, Sayomi or Hanzo didn't expect this encounter.  

"Why hello there, little one! Greetings!" He said as he placed his hands on his hips. "Fancy meeting you here!"  

"Stop wasting time and get on with it." Sayomi hissed, grabbing the watches and wrapping it around her left wrist.  

Hanzo sweat-dropped at this and walked over to where the watches were, grabbing one for himself and wrapping it around his wrist. As soon as they both did, the watches almost lit up. It beeped and displayed the remaining hours and minutes and seconds they had left, and it showed plenty hours.

Sayomi tweaked around with her watch a bit, and it at least showed the time of the day as well for her convenience. She was always strict with her daily routine, and she couldn't possibly break it by waking up late in the afternoon. She was also lucky that they showed it to her in digital, not the usual analogue clock.  

"I guess there was only watches for two." Hanzo said, staring at the two empty hollow spaces where the watches sat.  

He was right. There were no other watches left. Sayomi was slightly annoyed at the fact that an idiotic airhead was assigned to her as her partner. She crossed her fingers hoping they would have to battle at least. Or maybe it was better if she could just stick to cooperating with this man. After all, he die manage to be able to get this far. Suddenly, there was a voice that echoed throughout the entire room.  

"Welcome to Trick Tower, the third phase." The voice said, "I am Lippo, your examiner for this phase.   Please exit the room with the watches you have been provided."  

Sayomi and Hanzo turned to the door, only to see a screen displaying digital words across it. They approached it and began to read word by word. "Welcome to the third phase of the exam," Hanzo read slowly, luckily for Sayomi who couldn't. "'To pass this door, you must answer a riddle. If you answer correctly, you may pass. If you answer incorrectly, you will have to be punished.' Be punished? How so?"  

"Whatever, that's not important," Sayomi frowned, "What does it say next?"  

"Er, each riddle has a set difficulty, Ranking from E to A, and S being the most difficult," Hanzo continued, "On the given watches are the difficulties you are to choose. However, you may only select the difficulty once, and when it is all selected, it will reset and you will be able to choose again. On each difficulty, there is a time limit and the riddle is much more harder to solve. Ah, there's more."  

"Then read it." Sayomi hissed.  

"Okay, okay," Hanzo nodded off with a sheepish smile, "Rank S gives you a time limit of thirty minutes to answer, Rank A gives twenty minutes, Rank B gives ten minutes, Rank C gives five, Rank D gives two and a half, and Rank E gives one. However, once it is used and resets, the time limits will be at random. Well, aren't they so kind to give us more time the harder the question at the first level." He smiled at the screen. Sayomi rolled her eyes.