Chapter 3

The call of adhan woke amrita up who was sleeping in the compound, she curled herself up due to the cold weather, she stood up and perform wudu and she faced the qibla to pray, after she was done she went to check on the stranger and found him sitting on the mat holding his head , which shows he was deeply in his thoughts though he hasn't noticed her presence

"Assalamu alaikum" she greeted which brought him back to reality, she didn't know if he had responded back to her or not but she saw the way he moved his lips indicating he answered.
"Here is some water for you to perform wudu, before inna wakes up then you can go back to your place before any one could notice" he only nod his head and she stood up to leave when she heard him mumbled a thank you which she smiled and said "it's nothing and please don't come out" she left for her morning chores before inna wakes up.

After he was done praying, he sat down and started thinking about his life , the accident and how he found himself in this unknown village. Suddenly he heard someone shouting and saying "Innalillahi wainna ilaihi rajiun it wasn't on purpose"

It was inna who was beating up amrita with a cane because she accidentally poured away the grained sorghum on the floor.
"Hey witch I swear you won't be the death of me but I would be the death of you" she said beating her up while she cried for help.
He didn't know why but he couldn't endure her pleas but he knew that's inna who was mercilessly beating her up and she told him to not get out of the room. He hissed while pulling the curtain to see what was going on , amrita yeld out loudly when inna pressed  a hot charcoaled  log on her leg.

He didn't know the time he got out of the room and gave inna a hot slap 👋 whose sound scared amrita herself and seeing how he's trembling with anger . Inna raised her eyes to see the person who dares to lay a hand on her face and saw him all shivering in anger , his eyes were red like fire .

"oh wow so this is what you have been doing , a man in my house upon all what you've been doing outside you were not satisfied so you decided to bring a man into my house ko, hey where are the people of this village come and see what's happening in my house" inna yeld and immediately people were gathering in and out of the compound . Though they were confused same goes to amrita and him. Amrita couldn't take it anymore and burst into tears.

"hey keep quiet you hypocrite I swear you must leave this house today" Inna said as she was dragging Amrita away. The neighbours started asking inna as to what happened and inna cried out saying that amrita boyfriend slapped and beat the hell out of her just because she caught them red handed.

upon hearing her words he was burning with rage and anger though he didn't say anything. The people started whispering, some were supporting inna while some were against her knowing what she was capable of. Malam Bello came in and inna told him everything, he dragged Amrita away and suddenly HE removed his grip on her arm

"Hey who are you to intervene in family issues after what you guys have been doing" malam Bello said .
"I know you are her father but you have to investigate before passing any judgment on her"
"Who are you to tell me what to do with my daughter hmm so you were the one who was spoiling her" malam Bello yeld
" And you I swear you must leave this village or else I will curse you" he said looking at amrita.
"Innalillahi wainna ilahi rajiun" was all the people were whispering. Amrita's heart beat was increasing per second
"Ya Allah I swear Abba you've got all these wrong , I haven't done anything , I just helped him, is not what you're thinking" Amrita cried holding onto her father's feet trying to convince him but inna beat her to it saying that she must leave the house.

The villagers stood there none were saying anything and that made his blood to boil and made him to utter some words that in his right sense he won't dare to  ulttered them
"Would you gave me her hand in marriage" he didn't know when he said those words. Amrita stared at him as her heart beat increases.