Another Cat? And Family Issues(part 1) (Chapter 19)

Toshiro's POV

(This little weirdo is in her English class)

This class is pointless for me to be in. There's no point! Papa and Tashi can teach me English easily, besides they explain it so much better than my teacher. How did this guy even get a job? He barely explains it, gives us no examples, and then tells us to do something we haven't even talked about.

I stare out the window, watching the clouds go by. I notice a large storm cloud approaching, fear shoots through me. I hate storms, and I don't have an umbrella. I turn my focus to the lesson trying to ignore the brewing storm.

As more time passed, rain started to beat down heavily on the windows of the school. Everyone in my class had looks of excitement playing on their faces when they saw the rain. All I felt was fear and disgust, disgusted at the thought of getting drenched in water, and fear because of the thunder and lightning that came with the rain.

(Time skip to the end of the day, poor Shiro has to walk home)

The end of the day came faster than I would have liked, as I'm changing my shoes I hear people talking happily about playing in the rain. I see them grabbing their umbrellas and jackets, I pick up my backpack and I leave the school.

I took off my jacket to keep it dry, as I'm walking passed an alleyway I hear a small noise. I look and see a small kitten, drenched in rain and alone. I take my jacket out of my bag and wrap it around the small animal. I pick it up, and continue my way home.

When I do get home, papa is on the phone, he's shouting. Daddy is doing paperwork at the table, he angrily scribbles things down. Tashi is on the phone with his agency, he doesn't seem happy.

I approach daddy to show him the kitten, and to ask him a question.

"Hi daddy! How's work? Um, so I found this kitten on my way home and I was wonder—" I get cut off.

"Not now, Shiro! Can't you see I'm busy!" Daddy yells at me, I jump back not expecting him to shout.

I apologize quickly and quietly, I walk out of the dining room and see that papa got off the phone.

"Hey papa? I was wondering if I could—"

"Not right now! I'm busy! You can ask me later!" He says angrily while picking up his phone again and making a call.

I'm starting to feel saddened by this treatment. I go to find Tashi and I find him sitting in his room with his head in his hands.

"Hey Tashi, are you okay? You seem up—"

"Get out Shiro! I'm not in the mood!" He shouts at me in anger, I walk out of his room and head to the front door.

I put my shoes back on, and grab an umbrella. I leave the house and make my way to UA, I'll talk to Shushu if no one else will.

Once I step onto UA grounds I rush as quickly as I can to the 1-A dorms. When I walk in I spot Shushu almost immediately, I run over to him and hug him.

"Hey Shiro, what are you doing here?" He say while hugging me back.

"Papa, daddy, and Tashi are upset... they won't talk to me, and when I tried to ask them how they were... they all yelled at me. Oh, and I found a kitten." I say sadly before holding up the small cat in my hands with a sad smile, I'm just trying not cry right now.

"And add the storm, you're having a pretty shitty day... besides the kitten." He says understanding, while hugging me tighter.

"Don't worry, they'll be fine soon. You just gotta give them some time to cool down, they were handed a shit ton of problems today." He reassures, before taking my hand and leading me to the common area.

In there are a few of the girls, Izuku, Bakugou, Eijirou, and Pikachu. Bakugou looked extremely tense before he noticed me, and then his expression softened.

"Hey, are you alright? What happened?" Bakugou asked calmly with a look of worry.

"Just some family issues, our dad and older brother are upset today, and they accidentally let that anger slip out... they yelled at her, she's a little sad because of it." Shushu explains for me, I cuddle into his side making a small purring sound.

"Oh, you poor thing! And you're drenched! Tsu, Mina, you make her some hot chocolate, I'm gonna get her into some dry, warm clothes." Momo orders before grabbing my shoulders and dragging me off to her room.

Momo got me into some pyjamas that are too big for me, but they're comfortable so I'm not complaining. She also dried off the kitten and handed it back to me with care. She dried my hair and pinned it back, away from my face.

We went back down to the common area, and the whole class was there. They all gave me small smiles, I smiled back. Shushu pulled me down to sit between him and Bakugou, Izuku was on the other side of Shushu. They cuddled quietly... on the other side of Bakugou was Eijirou, they cuddled quietly with each other as well. The kitten laid asleep on my lap.

Directly in front of me was Pikachu—and I don't know what possessed me to do this—I reached my hand forward, and ruffled his hair slightly. It was really soft. I begin combing my fingers through his hair, and he leans into my touch.

They turned on a movie, and we all got pretty engaged in it... but halfway through the film, the power went out. I whimpered and cuddled into Bakugou, because my brother had gone to get water.

"Huh? Hey, calm down. There's nothing to be scared of, just a little dark... wait, are you afraid of the dark?" He ask rubbing my arm trying to comfort me.

"Not the dark, storms. Don't like them. Loud." I whisper quietly.

"She's afraid of loud noises/voices. That's why she doesn't like storms, and that's probably why she came here after getting shouted at." Shushu explained after coming back into the room, with a sad look on his face.

After a few minutes of me shaking with my arms curled into my chest, I feel someone grab my wrists. I look up to see Pikachu carefully guiding my hands back to his hair, I calm as I pet his hair. It was nice, I'm glad to have people other than my family who care about me.

The front door of the dorm building opens, and a loud crash of thunder is heard.