I'm going to kill that bitch when I see her next

"Alex I love you! I'll bring it back safely, I promise" I shout out her car window

"you better! Now go and have a good date with Kelley" She says smiling as I drive off and head to Kelley's house for our very much anticipated date.

I follow the directions to the more rough area of town, surprising rougher than where I'm currently staying but this is a foster home I'm going to and everyone knows they get shit money from the government.

I spot the house I'm looking for, which isn't hard since it's the biggest here, and slow down my car enough to spot Kelley already walking to me.

I try to get out so I can be a gentleman and open her door for her but she's got other ideas as she just climbs in quickly herself

"you might want to drive off now unless you want 5 much older boys to come out of that door" Kelley says and I put my foot back in the gas very quickly

"good shout," I say as I drive down the road not wanting to face 5 overprotective guys on our first date.

"You look beautiful by the way" I say  turning to take in what Kelley is wearing.

A simple shirt tucked into her high waisted jeans that are slightly rolled up at the ends, showing off her brightly coloured shoes. Nothing too fancy but enough to make you do a double take if she was passing you by on the street

"You look very handsome yourself" Kelley says blushing slightly as she looks at me.

"Really? I was going for the more bad boy type of look with my leather jacket, not doing it for you freckles" I say as Kelley turns her head away, her cheeks going a deeper shade of red than before.

I let out a small chuckle finding it amusing how easily the girl blushes but carry on concentrating driving Alex's car.

The rest of the journey is mostly the both of us making idle chat about school and what's going on in life. Talking about how Ash managed to completely humiliate herself in class the other day.

"So are you going to tell me where we going yet?" Kelley says turning to look at me curiously

"Nope, but we are almost there" I say just as I pull up to the trails car park.

"Wait, is this Camden Forest?" Kelley asks gasping to me in surprise.

"It is indeed, and a little birdie told me that they've just opened a new trail" I say smirking at the freckled girl.

"I don't suppose this birdie was Alex?" Kelley says questioning me.

"It may have been, and she may have said how you've been talking about it for weeks" I say stepping out the car and jogging over to her door so I can open it.

"I've been waiting forever to do it, I've just never found the time" She says, taking my hand as I help her out

"Well lucky for you, I'm here to do it with you" I reply grabbing my rucksack out the car and locking it before smiling at a very excited looking Kelley

"Ready to do this freckles?" I ask

"More than ready" She says, the grin never leaving her face.

We walk side by side up the trail, myself taking in the new scenery something I haven't yet had a chance to appreciate since moving to this small little town, but Kelley looks at it like it the first time she's seeing it again, the twinkle in her eye like it's the most magnificent thing she's witnessed.