I love you too freckles

The seniors all graduated that year and summer rolled around and to say things around town where crazy was an understatement. Apparently when you're presumed dead for a month and then suddenly appear out of nowhere the whole world and its wife wants to speak with you.

Alex and I's names were over news channels across the world, everyone telling the story of how we solved the murders of countless peoples and put a billionaire behind bars.

Everything that Chrsipthpher Hinkle did was revealed, including his part in the assassination of Darren Parker 4 years ago, and he officially became the most hated man in America.

The years of data my dad collect on him was unmissable in court and the feds said without that he would have been a free man.

We explained to our friends and family everything from the very beginning, how Alex and I had started investigating my dad's murder, Em wasn't happy that didn't her help since she's living with us too but we had to explain the dangers of it all.

We told them about finding out the factory was actually his drug-making facility, and all about the code name CH actually stood for multiple things. By the end of it, everyone was in total shock which was expected when you're told two 17 year-olds were solving a murder without anybody knowing.

Kelley showed me the box my father left for when I turned 18 and I watched the video too. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry my eyes out at it but it held to give me some closure in everything that happens to him.

She tried to give me back the necklace but I gave it back to her, it was what my mom always wore on her neck since dad gave it to her so I wanted Kelley to have it. Something special for us to keep in the family

Alex and I were awarded the FBI medals of Valor which are 'presented in recognition of an exceptional act of heroism or voluntary risk of personal safety and life'.

We had a little ceremony with a few close family and friends where Trevor was the one to give us the medals.

Summer progressed and life in our small little town slowly got back on track, life started to become normal again.

Alex and I went to a lot of therapy after our whole ordeal, I had multiple surgeries on my leg to fix the damage the car crash had done to it and everything Hinkle did while we were in captivity while Alex got a lot of psychiatric help. Sometimes we went in together but most of the time it was alone. 

It was a struggle to move on but family and friends where there to support us along the way and I didn't feel the need to push them away and handle things by myself, something I would have done a little as 6 months ago, it made me realise how important it is asking for help when you need it.

We spent as much time as we could with everyone, wanting to make this the best summer of our lives and we did just that. We played in the garden for hours on end, it didn't matter what it was we found some way to make it into a competition. We had to show our seniors what they'd be missing when they left

Alex and I were key witnesses in putting Christopher Hinkle away and we spent a long time going to court and giving our statements, eventually, all the trauma was worth it because he got life without patrol.

Jalene and her mother moved across the seas to Austalia in hopes to get away from the backlash they were facing. I would feel sorry for her if it was anybody else but this girl made me swallow drugs and stabbed my girlfriend in the locker room so for all I'm concerned she can join her dad behind bars.

After school started back up in September is was quite a few of our last years. I was still the captain of both my teams but I had to sit out the first few months since I was doing rehab for my leg and all the bones that had been broken and healed wrong inside me.