Chapter 2 - Pass On It

Ivory Evans

I put on my white spaghetti strap bodycon dress and sprayed some perfume to my neck and my wrist. I put on my earrings and put on my white pumps on. I checked myself on the mirror and I'm ready to go.

Apparently today my parents asked me to join them for brunch. I think they're up to something because the both of them are being so weird since 2 days ago.

I walked downstairs to grab my daily intake of green juice that I bet my maid already prepare it for me. I walked out from my room at the same time as my dad's. He gestured me to follow him towards his study room and I have a weird feeling all of the sudden now.

"Is everything okay?" I asked my dad and he gestured me to sit down.

"Today, we're going to meet my friend, Wesley, along with his family. We're arranged marriage you and their son together." I felt like my heart stop for a moment.

"But.."

"Why though?" I asked him while I'm still trying to process the news.

"I've been waiting for that man to break up with his girlfriend and he's a really decent man for you. He's a chef and the owner of La Rogue restaurant." I can't believe that my dad legit said that he's waiting for that man to break with his girlfriend.

"Dad, I'm 23 years old. I'm young and I'm a model.. I don't need a man right now! I'm living my best life and I don't want you and mom to ruin this for me!" I hissed.

"Living your best life?" He asked me in a sarcastic tone.

"I mean.. you're rich and I'm your one and only daughter so.."

"I get that, Ivy, but you need to learn how to be independent!"

"I have a job and I'm just living my best life. What do you mean?"  I looked at my dad disbelief.

"You're acting like a brat, Ivy. Your attitude isn't the best either!" Excuse me?

"You're being ridiculous, dad!"

"You're going to marry him, Ivy. I'm not taking a no for an answer!"

"But.." I wanted to protest but his cold eyes stopped me.

"You disappointed me a lot, Ivy. You made a scene last week too and I still can't believe you did that." I sighed and yes I did make a scene. I purposely spilled my glass of wine to my dad's friend's daughter. She's rude and annoying so I decided to spill my wine to her white dress.

"She's a-"

"Even though she's annoying, you have to be respectful. That's not how things work, Ivy!" He got up from his seat and ran his hands through his hair. I crossed my arms in front of my chest completly annoyed by this idea.

"I don't want to get married to someone that I barely know."

"You two have to get to know each other." He said as he put his hands to the back.

"I don't have any other choice." I hissed as I got up from the chair. I grabbed my bag and walked out from the room. I walked downstairs to grab my green juice.

I mean I can make the guy hates me, that's the easist thing to do. Now, I'm currently plotting a scenario in my head while I'm drinking my green juice.

"Let's go, Ivy." I turned to see my mom already downstairs. I walked to her and she raised her eyebrows.

"I can't believe you arranged marriage me with someone I barely know." I hissed.

"Don't even think about making a scene, Ivory." She warned me and I rolled my eyes.

"This is ridiculous, mom!" I said and I turned to see my dad walking downstairs towards us. He gestured us to go and I looked at the both of them completely annoyed. I got into the car and let's just see.

I mean my parents won't introduce me to some douche bags because they want me to be happy. He must be a decent man until my dad legit said that he's waiting for him to break up with his girlfriend.

Interesting..

"He's a chef?" I asked as I turned my dad and he nodded.

"Yes, he worked in Bali for 2 years before and he was the one who introduced me to Michael Sutopo. The Indonesian businessman that I told you about, darling." He turned to my mom and my mom nodded.

"I mean.. I think he's suitable for Ivy. I bet he can put Ivy back on her track." My mom said and I scoffed.

"I'm doing just fine, mom." I hissed.

"You need to stop going to clubs and get drunk most of the time. You're 23 already and you need to behave like one."

"I'm behaving like a 23, dad. I'm working and living my life."

"I need you to stop meeting someone from the club, they're not good for you and want to take advantage of you, Ivory. I don't understand why you're acting like this." My dad sighed and I looked outside the window.

"You two are too much."

"We just want the best for you." I know.

"If I don't like him, I can't walk away right?" I asked them without turning my head to them.

"Yes, but you two need to hangout first and get to know each other."

"Deal." I said because what if he's quite hot? I'm not going to pass on that.