Chapter 21 - Yeah

Ivory Evans

It's been two weeks since we talked about our marriage and ever since that night, Leon has been acting a little bit weird and it's making me so suspicious. He even politely asked me to stay at my house instead of spending the night at his place.

Don't tell me that.. he changes his mind.

Suddenly I remembered that Celine was supposed to get married around this week. Please don't tell me that Leon decided to get back with her by kidnapping her and got married with her somewhere.

"Aahhhhhh." I wanted to pull my hair so bad for being so furstrated.

"That's it! I need answers!" I hissed and I got out from my room. My dad saw me and he looked at me a little confuse but I just walked pass him. I ran downstairs and walked out from my house taking my car to Leon's restaurant.

When my car almost got out from the gate, Leon's car suddenly appeared. He gave me a signal to reverse and I quickly reversed my car. I got out from the car as soon as I parked my car back.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he got out from the car. I walked towards him and he raised his eyebrows completely had no idea. He showed me a plastic bag full of groceries.

"Have you eat dinner?" He asked and I sighed. I turned around to walk back to my house. He's making me angry but at the same time I really love him. There's nothing I can do about it. I tried to understand that just got out from a really bad breakup.

"Ivy?" He called me and I didn't stop.

"Ivy.." He called me again but this time his tone was a little bit deep like he wanted to me to answer him.

"What?" I asked.

"Where did you plan to go earlier?" He asked as he slowly walked to me.

"Meeting Ben." I hissed.

"What?!" He raised his tone but I ignored him. I walked back into the house and left the door open for him to come in. I sat down on the sofa in the living room and saw Leon walk pass by me to the kitchen.

"Annoying.. he didn't even try to talk to me." I hissed and I turned to see him in the kitchen. He was busy taking pans and stuffs out from the fridge.

I got up and walked towards the kitchen slowly. Leon as busy cutting some meat and vegetables. I stood at the edge of the kitchen table looking at him.

"If you want to go and meet Ben then go ahead." He hissed coldly without looking at me.

"Did you go to Celine's wedding?" I asked and he stopped cutting the onion. He put his knife down and turned to me.

"Are you seriously asking me that question?" He asked as he looked at me disbelief.

"Did you? Or did you not?" I asked.

"No." He answered and then continued to do his cooking again.

"Then why are you acting so weird for the past 2 weeks? It's like you avoiding me."

"I'm not avoiding you, Ivory." He said.

"Are you trying to back out from the arranged marriage?" I asked carefully and Leon stopped again. He put his knife down and washed his hands.

"Are you doubting me?" He asked me as he walked towards me slowly. He looked straight into my eyes and I gulped nervously.