Nightmare

*Annabelle's P.O.V*
Everything was going fine so far. Allison is still peacefully sleeping when Maxon decides to pay us a visit to check on her and I. He nearly ruins that when he just barges into the room but Elena's glare makes him be much slower in his approach of either Allison or I.

He seemed surprised to see Allison sleeping, her head resting on my arm as she cuddles up to me. "How's everything going?" He asks softly.

"Great," I say as I smile at him. That's when everything quickly went to hell.

*Allison's P.O.V*
I didn't know what was going on. My mind feels cloud with fear as I run from dark figures. I knew it had to be a dream but my mind didn't seem to believe that.

I crouch down behind a trash can, my heartbeat being the only thing I could hear. "I want everything to stop," I whisper, screaming when a hand lands on my shoulder.

"Nothing will stop, the world doesn't revolve around you," a voice echoes in my mind.

"Shut up, shut up," I say as I try to calm down.

"No. It's not like you could make me," the voice chuckles, confidence dripping from its tone.

"Just leave me alone," I scream as my hands cover my ears. The voice, the touch, it's like oil wrapping around my body. Depriving me of oxygen, making me choke as I try to breathe.

"Don't you understand? You are alone, like you've always been. After all I'm just the you that you won't listen to," the voice states.

"Because you're wrong," I state quietly.

"I'm right, I'm always right Allison. You know that. That's why everyone leaves because you're so stubborn and can't admit I'm right," the voice retorts, the words hot and angry in my ears..

"You are, those people weren't good. They should have left sooner," I state, my voice trembling.

"Maybe you're the problem. Problems only show up when you do," the voice sneers. "You've always been the problem, everyone knows that. Especially you," it states as everything turns black.

My eyes shot open as I frantically look around. My chest is heaving and I notice that everyone is staring at me. I jerk under their gazes, feeling like I am being judged. "Are you okay?" I heard Annabelle ask. I only then realize that her arm is wrapped around me, holding me close.

I struggled against her hold, making her arm move. I fall onto the floor, a small whimper escaping as I slam my elbow on the floor. "Oh no, sweetheart are you okay?" I hear Annabelle ask. Her voice sounds distant, ringing in my ears.

I shake my head as I scramble away from them, my fingernails dig into the stone floor as I move away before curling up in a corner.

"Go 'way," I say as I watch them carefully.

"Stay away," I snap, noticing Annabelle stand up and take a step towards me. Her eyes widen and she seems reluctant to comply.

I noticed King Maxon leave, a frown on his face. He doesn't look happy. 'They're gonna hurt me, I can't help it. I don't know what's happening,' my mind races through these thoughts. People not being happy was never a good sign for me.

I need a distraction and one quickly. I started to scratch at my arm, whimpering at the pain but glad to have something to focus on. It seems to bring everything into focus.

"Allison, stop. You're hurting yourself," Annabelle says sternly. Her voice sounds clearer now but I still ignore her words.

"That's the point, need to focus," I murmur as my eyes narrow to stare at my arm. I feel so uncomfortable, I just want everything to stop.

"Hey, hey," I look up, hearing King Maxon's voice. 'What's he doing back? What's that in his hands?' I thought, instantly curious to what the blue thing was. "I'm going to approach very slowly, alright? Just for a moment," he states.

True to his words his movements were slow. "Here, look at this," he holds out a small plush toy. It was blue and had a purple mane. It looked like a normal horse at first until I saw the horn on its head.

"A unicorn?" I ask softly as I glance up at him. He crouches down and holds it out to me. He stays far enough away that I have to lean out slightly to grab it out of his hands.

"Yeah. Here hug this, it'll be much better than scratching up your arms," he encourages. I hesitantly take it and hug it close. I close my eyes as my mind starts to finally slow down. It feels like I can finally hear things clearly.

"Is that better?" King Maxon asks me, making me nod slightly.

"Uh huh," I say as my eyes open.

"Can I see your arms? One at a time of course so you can still hold your unicorn, I want to make sure you don't have any ouchies," he states. His voice sounds kind, much gentler than I am used to being spoken to with.

"My unicorn?" I ask as I hold out my right arm for a moment then show him my left, still clinging to the unicorn with one hand. I have to swap my unicorn to my other hand to do that but I don't really mind.

"Yes, your unicorn," he smiles. "Alright. Can I see your elbow, I noticed it was bleeding from your fall so I got a bandage for it," he says as he shows me a plain bandage.

I hesitantly scoot closer, wincing when he puts a bandage around my elbow. "Ow," I whisper with a small frown on my lips.

"Sorry," he says as he smiles apologetically. "Can you tell me why you were so upset when you woke up?" He questions.

My mind flashes to my dream and my heart starts to beat faster. "Bad...dream," I whisper through shaky breaths as I look around. It feels like the voice is going to come back and pop out when I least expect it.

"Okay," he nods, giving me a sympathetic look. "Those aren't any fun are they?" He questions and I shake my head. "Let's go back to the couch," he says, holding out his hand. I reach for it hesitantly, letting him help me up before he guides me back to the couch.

"Are you okay?" Annabelle asks as soon as I sit down. "I didn't mean to let you fall, you just surprised me when you started squirming," she apologizes.

"It's fine, just was freaking out over a bad dream," I murmur. She nods grimly, her lips curling up in a smile when she notices the unicorn in my right hand.

"Does your unicorn have a name?" She asks me. I shake my head. "Well you should name it, that's what activates it's magic," she states, making my eyes widen. I had never heard that before.

"Uh...her name's Dusk," I murmur after a second.

"Dusk huh? That's a pretty name," she smiles softly.

"Thanks. I'm sorry for freaking out," I whisper, making her frown. Why was she frowning?

"Don't apologize. You couldn't help it," she says gently, taking my left hand into her hands. "Do you want to play? We have dolls, stuffed animals, or you can color," she smiles.

"Color please," I say as I smile slightly.

"Good choice," She coos, making me blush as I look away.