Talk

*Allison's P.O.V*
I stayed crouched down behind the garbage can, panting softly. I stay silent, hoping that I can't be spotted. I just realize how screwed I would be if I get caught. In my haste to not allow myself to get too comfortable with them, I had forgotten I was actually serving a sentence.

I tense up when I hear the sounds of dogs barking. I shake my head as the sound fades and seems to pass. I turn around only to come face to face with a trio of dogs staring at me. They were all wearing similar collars with the royal colors and the royal family crest.

"Oh fuc-" I was cut off by the lead dog raising its head up and letting out a loud howl, the other two following suit. "Is this a sign to tell me that I should like cats," I mutter as I scramble up.

I push past the dogs, deciding to head out of the alley the way they came in. The lead dog bites at the romper I am wearing, obviously trying to stop me. "Stop it you damn dog," I say frustrated as I weakly push its head away while sprinting out of the alley way. I decided my best chance of escaping the dogs and anyone who is following them, was to go in and out of alleys.

I sigh as I start to pant from exertion. "I'm not meant to run," I whisper as I shake my head. I finally stop, hiding behind a building. I feel a hand clamp onto my arm and pull me into a little gap between the building I was at and the next one.

I spin around, kicking whoever has grabbed me. "Ow. What the fuck was that for Allison?" A familiar voice asks me.

"For grabbing me you dumbass. What were you thinking Tyler?" I ask with exasperation.

"Well you looked a little worried so I figured I would scare you some," my best friend, whom I have known like my entire life, says.

"You're so stupid," I roll my eyes while smacking his arm.

"Yeah, whatever. Where have you been?" Tyler asks.

"Well I was wandering the streets and then I was at the castle. I got caught stealing and had to go to this 'trial' kind of thing,' I explain.

"So why are you dressed cute? I thought the royals were real hardasses when it came to punishment," Tyler says as he eyes me.

"They are. These are day clothes for when I go out. I decided to run off when my...uh supervisors had their backs turned," I lie.

"Damn I didn't realize you were a rebel. You also do realize if you get caught you're going to be locked up in a cell for a long time," Tyler says as he gives me an up and down look.

"I don't give a fuck," I say as I roll my eyes.

"Wow, you just swore. You never swear," Tyler says with sarcasm. "What did they do to you in that place?" He asks curiously.

"Does it matter? Maybe I'm just fed up with being this nice, shy little thing that people can tell what to do," I state as I put my hands on my hips.

"Alright little miss badass, just chill out," Tyler says as he rolls his eyes. "Where are you planning on staying at?" He asks.

"Probably in an alley. Like I usually do," I smile slightly.

"Alright well be careful. I'll try and find you tomorrow and bring some food," Tyler promises. "And Allison... mister has been released from prison," he informs me.

"Oh," I say as I frown. "Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind," I nod my head as I leave the small alley.

It feels like everything has come crashing back down. I was alone again with only Tyler as my friend, mister was out of prison, and I was back to sleeping in an alley.

I walk for a while, staying in the shadows to avoid being seen. I finally find an alley that was suitable to stay in. It was a one way opening which was great since it means no one can come from behind and it also has little gutters to control the rain runoff.

It would also keep me sheltered from the view of passersby. I sigh as I finally get the chance to sit down. I rest my head on my knees, closing my eyes for a moment. It feels like only a few seconds but I really know it was just a few minutes before I am interrupted. I feel a hand rest on my arm as someone sits down beside me. I look to see Maxon sitting by me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask softly while glancing at the front of the alley where he came from only to find it blocked by two people. I look at the other end, seeing Captain Caspian sitting on top of the wall.

"I came to talk. Wanna tell me what was going on when you decided to run off?" Maxon asks.

"I didn't want to get attached. I only had this," I say gesturing down at myself, "until like the end of the month then I'd be alone all again."

"You were scared of being alone again huh?" Maxon asks as he frowns slightly.

"Yeah," I nod my head simply. He was good at putting my feelings into words.

"Allison... I want you to know that at the end of the 30 days, that doesn't mean any of what we were doing stops," Maxon explains.

"It doesn't?" I ask as I tilt my head.

"No. The reason we're setting boundaries and rules is because we want this to last. We want you to be our little one," Maxon says.

"I-why?" I ask as I stare at Maxon, feeling a little suspicious.

"Because we enjoy having you around. You are one of the most genuine, sweet people I've ever met," Maxon says, making me blush.

"So...this doesn't end at the 30 days?" I ask curiously.

"This lasts as long as you want it to Allison," Maxon says.

"Okay," I nod my head. "How'd you find me anyways?" I question him.

"The dogs led us right to you," Maxon says as he gets up, reaching his hand down. "Ready to go back or do you need more time?" He asks.

"I'm ready to go back," I say as I reach up and grab his hand, pulling myself up. "Is the queen mad at me?" I ask.

"Not mad per say, a bit upset and worried though," Maxon says as he lifts me up, so I can be carried comfortably.

"Oh," I frown slightly. "You know I can walk right?" I ask.

"I do. You're less likely to get tackled and smothered in hugs and kisses if I'm carrying you," Maxon explains as he walks to the entrance of the alley. I glance at the two people guarding the entrance to see them having dogs on leashes.

"Alright," I sigh, resting my head on his shoulder.