Chapter 8

A few weeks had passed since you and Lord Trancy had your little "talk." Since then, you had revived no word from him, however, your infatuation with him had only grown stronger. Thinking about him was a constant, but you couldn't figure out why.
With the days quickly passing, and with the young earl's birthday coming up, it was inevitable that the manor received more visits from your master's betrothed. Truth be told, when it came to Lady Elizabeth, you weren't very fond of her. You managed to convince yourself that she was much more of an annoyance than she really was. When in reality, you disliked her out of jealously towards Ciel.
Early in the morning, you received word from your master that once again, Lady Elizabeth would be visiting. As usual, when the Manner was having guest, you and the other servants worked together to clean the mansion from top to bottom. So by the time noon rolled around, also the same time Lady Elizabeth was arriving, it was inevitable that you, as well as the other servants were in dire need of some rest.
On schedule, lady Elizabeth arrived and went through the same routine of annoying, overblown excitement. Standing with the rest of the servants to greet the lady, the four of you watched as your disgruntled young master took the heat of Elizabeth's excitement. Figuring, everyone was distracted, You snuck upstairs to take a quick nap.
Waking up from your nap, about an hour later, you tiredly made your way to the bathroom to freshen up. As you were about to grab the door nob, the door swung opened to reveal a very annoyed Ciel. "Young master!" You said, with surprise. "You startled me." Ceil looked at you for a moment, studying your face. "What were you doing up here?" He asked. "You're supposed to be in the kitchen helping Sebastian with dinner." "I-I-" you stammered, trying to find your words. "I... took a really quick nap. I was exhausted, I couldn't help it." You looked down in shame, knowing you would be punished for this.
Hearing your master sigh, you look up at him. "It's alright..." he responds. "I wasn't doing my job either." "Sir?" You asked, confused as to why he was telling you this. "It's nothing, I just need to get away from my responsibilities sometimes." Knowing your Master was always on top of his work, you realized he was talking about Lady Elizabeth. "I won't tell if you won't." You say, giving your master a reassuring smile. You watched as your master caught sight of your smile, causing him to noticeably blush. Your heart started to race as the two of you stared at each other for a moment. Suddenly, you felt a soft pair of lips on your own. Your eyes widening with shock, you almost didn't realize what was happening until it was over. The young lord pulled away after a moment and wiped his moth. You watched him in awe, as you felt a rush of excitement inside of you. "I-I've got to go..." was all that Ciel said to you before quickly walking off.
    Later that evening while you were helping out in the kitchen, a house bell rang, calling you to the main drawing room where Ciel was trying to teach Elizabeth to play chess. Not wanting to see your master after what happened, you looked around frantically to see if anyone else would go but it seemed that you were the only one not doing anything at the moment. You let out a groan when you realized that you had to be the one to deliver the lord's evening tea.
    Wheeling the tea cart into the drawing room, you quietly made your way to their chess table and poured the cups of tea. You avoided eye contact with the both of them, obviously feeling very awkward. Being so nervous from the situation, you hadn't noticed at first when you spilled tea onto the Lady's lap. However, you were ripped out of your thoughts by Elizabeth's shill scream. She stood up quickly, knocking over the chair. "How dare you?!" She screamed. "You ruined my new dress!" She quickly looked to Ciel for help. "Well?" She exclaimed. "Do something to the wench!" "Elizabeth, I-I really don't think that's necessary." He stammered to reply to her in his surprise. "It's only a dress." Elizabeth, glared at him in rage. "Fine! If you won't do anything, I will!" She quickly turned to you and slapped you hard across the face, knocking you to the ground. "Elizabeth!" Ciel finally shouted at her, which of course caused her to burst out in tears. She cried for a moment before running off. You looked up at Ciel, after Elizabeth was finally gone. You could see he wanted to help you but instead, he stood up from his chair and pushed it back in. "I'm sorry" he said to you before following after Elizabeth. His voice was remorseful and genuine, it really seemed like he meant it. Even so, he left you there alone on the floor.