Chapter 9

Laying there on the cold marble floor, you brought a hand up to your stinging cheek. A tear rolled down your face at the thought of Ciel. How could he just leave you there after what happened? Did he really not care about you, Even after the two of you shared a kiss? Thinking back on the weeks before, and to your most recent encounter with the Lord Trancy, you realized that what Alois had said to you about Ciel, may have been the truth.
Slowly, you started to get off the floor, and onto your feet. Returning back to your bedroom, you sat on your bed for a while, assessing your current situation. Thinking back on the way Ciel treated you, Alois' actions had also started to reflect in your thoughts. In a state of confusion and sadness, you made the decision that you would be better off working for Lord Trancy. Realizing Ciel would never share the same feelings as you, it was stupid to be held up on him. You knew all along that you would never end up with him, and that tonight's events confirmed your already accurate conclusion. Finally being able to accept that, you spent the rest of your night, fantasizing about your soon to be new master.
Early the next morning, you awoke before the rest of the servants and quietly made your way out of the manor, along with a few personal belongings. As the sun rose, you continued your journey towards London. With the small amount of money you had been saving up, you were able to buy a train ticket into London. Sense you no longer had any money, you could only hope that Lord Trancy hadn't changed his mind about you.
It was not long after you arrived to London that you were able to seek directions to the Trancy Estate. Luckily, he lived only a few miles outside of town, so you were able to walk there and reach the manner right before sundown. At this point, you were freezing. luckily, it hadn't snowed recently, but the air was still cold. Walking slowly and shivering, you made your way up to the large wood doors. Reaching the last step, the door opened, letting out a rush of light and warm air.
A tall, slender man, much like Sebastian stood in the door way. It took you a moment to recognize him, but you remembered the man had been the butler that accompanied Lord Trancy. Without saying a word, the man looked you up and down, then stood to the side. "Come in." He said. "I'm sure the master will be most pleased to see you have come to visit." The butler's voice was flat and monotone, no trace of emotion could be heard, causing you to became weary of this new man.
Stepping inside, the large manner, the door closed behind you with a loud thud. As you marveled at the enormous front room, your gaze met with Alois', who was standing at the top of the staircase. His expression at first was surprised, but when the two of you locked eyes, his usual, cocky expression reappeared on his face. "(y/n)," he said, as he made his was down the stairs. "Welcome to the Trancy estate. I do hope you find it suitable." Reaching the bottom of the stairs, he walked over to you and kissed the top of you hand. "Your freezing!" He remarked, looking back into your eyes. "Oh I'm alright." You replied, blushing at his actions and giving him a smile. "I-I'm sorry to come by unannounced," you said, after the realization of what you were doing hit. "I just didn't-" "Nonsense" Alois said quickly, cutting you off. "There's no need to apologize, I had invited you here, had I not?" "Well I-I suppose" you replied. "Great!" Alois exclaimed before interlocking your arm with his own. "Let's talk over tea and get you warmed up, shall we?" Looking over to his butler, he shouted, "Claude! Bring Miss (l/n) and I some tea. We'll be in my study. Come along," he then said, pulling you towards the stairs.