Chapter 3

.. Antis POV ..

I heard the bell ring, finally I was free from the wretched class of physics, that's when I realized that it was lunch. As to prior experiences from the happenings of yesterday I was not excited. I was putting my books away when I heard someone walk up next to me, I could sense they were a demon.

"Hey you're the new kid right." my heart sped up a little as I turned around, I could feel myself glitch a little more. The demon held out his hand, "I'm Dark, we have the same class after lunch." Dark smiled, I shook his hand "I'm Anti." I almost mumbled my name, I could tell Dark was powerful; I didn't trust him, why would a powerful demon want to know me?

"You want to come sit with me and my friends at lunch?" Dark asked, he was looking at me almost like a person would look at a venomous snake at a zoo.

But sitting with people is better than sitting in a bathroom, right? "Sure." I replied trying to sound a little confident.

We walked to the lunch room together, after getting food I sat down at the table with Dark and two others. "This is Blank." Dark pointed to a boy who was almost grey in color and had black pupil-less eyes, Blank waved and smiled at me. "And tha-"

"I'm Die." He introduced himself, Die had almost white hair, and very grey eyes. I looked back at Dark, he looked mildly annoyed.

"Anyways these are my friends; guys this is Anti he's new." Dark glared at Die.

"What?" Die shrugged, he then looked at me, "Darks a bitch don't let him sway you." Die then looked back at Dark and stuck his tongue out slightly.

"What's that supposed to mean." Dark half asked, then Die gave him a certain look, I couldn't guess to know what the look meant.

** time skip to after lunch **

I sat next to them in 'demon' class, Dark and his friends seemed pretty cool, and they didn't seem to mind that I was weak. It's nice to have attention. My lizard brain thought. I shook my head and started paying attention to the conversation that was going on between Blank and Die.

"-But bananas are a fruit!" Blank argued. "Yah and so are tomatoes," Die stared at Blank. "Tomatoes are a vegetable! Bananas have seeds too but they are similar to a tomato in the way they are, so shouldn't bananas be a vegetable too?" Blank argued back.

"Have you ever seen the insides of a banana and a tomato." Dark interjected. "Of course I have!" Blank looked angry, but in the way that friends got angry at friends. Tomatoes are a fruit, and so are bananas... I thought. I tuned them out to focus on the whiteboard.

"Ok so tomatoes are a fruit, fine, next thing you will tell me that cassius grow on trees." Blank said. I heard Die and Dark collectively sigh. I shook my head. "What-"

"Enough talking class has now started." The teacher declared.

I didn't pay attention in class until I heard "-group project that will count as a test grade." Oh no...

"There will be groups of four, I'll allow you to pick your teams, but if you can't get along then I will pick your groups. The project is to work on a skill you already have or to discover a new skill and practice it, the project is due in two weeks."

I could feel my chest tighten, I have no skills. "You ok Anti?" Dark asked, he seemed concerned, I nodded, "Good, want to be part of our group?" Dark asked.

"Yah it'll be fun." Blank smiled, Die hit Blanks shoulder.

I don't want to disappoint them, but I also need a group... "Sure."

"When are you guys free to do the project then?" Dark asked the group.

**

We decided that we would practice Wednesday and Friday, and then stay at Darks house over the weekend, and if we didn't accomplish the 'goal' by then we would practice the next week too.

** time skip **

When I came home from school today I was happy, I made friends, of course my cousins didn't need to know the details. I worked on my homework for about an hour, then I played some GTA.

"Anti time for dinner!" Marvin yelled. I walked down stairs and went to the kitchen. There was some kind of takeout. Marvin handed me a box and I went to sit in the living room with Jameson and Jackie.

"So how was school?" Jackie then took a bite of his noodles. "Fine." I replied. Jamson gave me a inquisitive look. "It was just fine." I opened the box of takeout, and ate a piece of chicken with some kind of sauce on it.

"Did you meet anyone new?" Marvin asked in between bites of his food. "Yah, we have a group project together, so i'm going to be at his house for the weekend with the other group members." I looked down and then out the window.

"Names?" Marvin asked. "Dark, Die, and Blank," I replied quickly then added "Stop interrogating me." Jamson rolled his eyes and turned on the TV. 

Art by bucket-of-cute on DeviantArt