Chapter 10: Mad

A/N: I just want to inform you that we are rank #66 on #truestory. Thank you thank youuuu! Btw, Happy Easter <3

After eating dinner I went home rejected, sad, dismayed, and hurt. How could he? Am I just a joke? As I lay down on my bed, I tried to forget what happened earlier but I kept remembering their smiles towards each other, how they look at each other, how they laughed as if I wasn't there. I couldn't blame Maica because she didn't do anything. In fact, she's kinda nice. That's why after eating, I went home first and let Axel pay for the food. He deserved it.

As I was about to close my eyes, my phone dinged. I opened it and it was a text from Axel.

Hey Hannah, still awake?

I didn't reply until I received again a text.

Can we talk?

Just like the previous one, I ignored it and tried to sleep until a few minutes later my phone rings.rdeq

"What?" I answered flatly.

"Can we talk?" He asked from the other line.

"We are already talking." I pointed out.

"No, I mean in person. I'm outside your house." He said and I went to my bedroom window and saw him half standing from his big bike.

"Ok. Just come in." Then I shut off my phone and went into the living room. I saw him closing the door and putting back his spare key on his pocket.

"So what brings you here?" I asked, annoyed.

"I know you're mad." He started.

"Why would I be?" I asked innocently.

"Come on. I know you."

"Why would I be mad?" I asked again.

"It's because of Maica. That I didn't tell you about her immediately."

"Is that all?"

"You shouldn't be mad about that. I am beginning to be happy again. Can you at least be happy for me?" He asked.

"You know what Axel, you are the most clueless person in the world. That's not even why I am mad about." I said. I can feel my emotions starting to build up.

"Then what is it Hannah?"

"You want to know the truth?" I asked and he nodded.

"I am so mad about everything Axel. I am mad because I broke up with Yuhan just for you, hoping that we have a chance. I tried to make our relationship work but I really can't do it because of you. I am mad on myself because I am stupid enough to think that we can be together but clearly I'm wrong. I am mad because of you! You made me look like a fool, you knew how I felt about you and you show up suddenly just to say that you have a girlfriend? Am I just a joke to you? And lastly I am angry on myself because despite of your clear message that you don't like me, I still managed to fall for you Axel. But you don't see it 'cause you only think of me as a friend. I am mad Axel, because I am madly in love with you."

Tears ran down my eyes as I look at him. I watch his reaction as I let go all of my anger.

"Hannah, I am sorry. I know you are already catching feelings but I really can't give what you want. Maica started as a friend from work and she was assigned as my partner. I realized that I like her and tried asking her out and it turns out that she also likes me that's why I wanted you to meet her 'cause you are my bestfriend. I am sorry if I gave you the wrong signals. I am sorry Hannah but I can't be the man who you want me to be. I love Maica and I don't know what to do without her." He said while shaking his head.

"You know what Axel, we can't be friends anymore. I can't do it." I said and he looked at me unbelieving.

"What? You can't do that."

"It's for the best, I need to love myself also. I want to stop thinking about you, you have Maica now to do that for you."

He just stared at me, his eyes pleading.

"But Hannah... I don't want to lose you."

You just did.

"Axel, in order to gain something, you need to lose something first. You lost me that's why you've gained her. We need to do this Axel to be fair with Maica." I explained to him.

I am crying now, I can't help it. I am losing him. I am losing the man I love and my bestfriend for how many years. It's like I am losing a part of me, but I need to be strong.

"Okay, if that's what you want." He said, defeated. He turned towards the door and looked at me with teary eyes.

He didn't even put up a fight.

"Bye Hannah." He said not looking at me.

"Bye Axel. I am happy for you." I said and I give him a sad smile. I closed the door and let go of the sob I was holding. He's happier with her.

I just lost my bestfriend.