End

After a few hours, I went to check Axel's room. Sitting beside his bed is his son who looked at me as I went in.

"How's your dad?" I asked him.

"He is not yet waking up Dr." He said.

"Why don't you call me tita? I am friends with your father before." I smiled at him.

"My dad told me that you were bestfriends before, what happened?" He asked, curiousity evident on his face.

"It's just that, sometimes it is better to let go than to hold on to something that hurts you." I said while looking at Axel.

"I don't get it." He said while studying my face.

I laughed. "You will understand when you get older." I said and winked at him. "Your name is Alex right?"

"Yep. How did you know my name?" He asked.

"Why wouldn't I know?" I said and laughed. "I'll come back later. Make sure to call for the nurse if your dad wakes up." I said and he nodded. As I go out from his room, the door suddenly opened and Alex called for me with urgency.

"Dr. My dad. He's awake."

We rushed back inside and saw Axel staring at the ceiling.

"Hey Axel. How are you feeling?" I asked while looking him in the eye. It took a moment for him to respond.

"Hannah? Is that you?" He asked hoarsely.

"Yeah it's me. How are you? Do you feel any pain?"

"No. I feel happy now." He said and a faint smile is plastered on his face. I shook my head and smiled at him. I faced Alex and tell him to call his mom.

"Don't move okay? I'll call for the doctor."

"Wait, you're not my doctor?"

"No, I'm your surgeon." I winked at him and went out of the room.

After a week, Axel's condition has progressed. I've never felt so relieved when he moved his leg, meaning he can walk and his surgery is a 100% success. Axel thanked me and said to treat me once he got outside but I politely declined for some reasons. Right now, he can walk and is about to go home. Maica helped him to pack up, and I insisted to walk them out because I am also going home now. They look like a perfect family, but it's sad that they are not meant to be. Like us I thought. When we are outside Axel told Maica and Alex to go in first at the car.

"Hey, I am so happy I saw you again." He started.

"Yeah me too. But I wished we would have meet at another place and not in here."

"I'm sorry about that." He laughed.

"You should always be careful okay?" I said.

"Someone's worried." He teased and I rolled my eyes. He's still so cocky.

"Of course. I am still your friend." I explained and his face turned serious.

"About that. Hannah, I am so sorry for not being so considerate towards your feelings. I know I should have apologized 10 years ago but I didn't realize because I was too happy for getting what I want. A family. But sadly it didn't last long." He explained. It's very rare to see Axel showing his emotions. I felt sad for him. I felt sad for us.

"It's okay. I already forgive you a long time ago. I see that you're a great dad to Alex and that is more than enough." I told him.

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking. Ms. Or Mrs.?" He asked me with a hopeful eyes begging me to say that I am still single. And as if on cue, a car pulled up in front of us and the car window rolled down revealing Yuhan who is smiling at me. I faced Axel and gave him my happiest smile.

"Mrs." I replied and went inside the car leaving Axel in a disappointed state. I am not falling again for him because I already have fallen for someone who chose to catch me.

In life, we should always choose the one who will choose us, in that way we can truly be happy.

A/N: so thank you for reading my book! I need to end it because of our online classes but I hope I imparted some lessons to you. Btw, the Hannah and Axel in real life didn't end up together so yeah. That's the ending.

Thank you for supporting me guys! Ily all :)