Hell House

It had been a few weeks since the Bender's, and the guys and I were on our way to a new case, after splitting up with Dad, again. Dean, of course, is driving and Sam is asleep in the passenger seat, his mouth slightly open. Dean motions for me to be quiet then reaches around the car and finds a spoon. He gently put it in Sam's mouth and took a picture. Grinning, he turns the music up really loud, scaring Sam awake.  "Fire...of unknown origins...took my baby away!" He sings at the top of his lungs. Sam jerks awake and, realizing something is in his mouth, panics and waves his arms around and spits the spoon out. Dean is air drumming to he song on the steering wheel and looks at Sam, still grinning, as Sam wipes his mouth and turns down the music.

"Ha ha, very funny." "heh heh heh. Sorry, not a lot of scenery here in East Texas, kinda gotta make your own." Dean replies. "Man we're not kids anymore Dean. We're not going to start that crap up again." Sam tells him. "Start what up?" I ask, confused, leaning over the front seat in between them. "That prank stuff. It's stupid and it always escalates." "Aw, what's the matter Sammy, scared you're going to get a little Nair in your shampoo again huh?" Dean asks. I smirk, remembering when that happened. "All right, just remember you started it." "Ah ha, bring it on Baldy."

"Where are we anyway?" Sam asked. "A few hours outside of Richardson. Gimme the lowdown again?" Dean replies. I pull out a newspaper article and read off from it. "All right, about a month or two ago this group of kids goes poking around in this local haunted house." "Haunted by what?" Sam asked. "Apparently, a pretty misogynistic spirit. Legend goes, it takes girls and strings them up in the rafters. Anyway this group of kids see this dead girl hanging in the cellar." "Anybody ID the corpse?" Dean asked. "Well, that's the thing. By the time the cops got there the body was gone. So cops are saying the kids were just yanking chains." "Maybe the cops are right." Sam said. "Maybe, but I read a couple of the kids firsthand accounts. They seemed pretty sincere."

"Where'd you read these accounts?" Dean asked me. I hesitated, a little embarrassed. "Well, I knew we were going to be passing through Texas. So, umm, last night, I surfed some local............paranormal websites. And I found one." I finished quickly. "And what's it called?" "HellHoundsLair.com" I tell them, flopping back into the back. "Lemme guess, streaming live out of Mom's basement." Sam replies. Dean and I grin. "Yeah, probably." "Yeah. Most of those websites wouldn't know a ghost if it bit 'em in the persqueeter." Dean responded. "Look. We let Dad take off. Which was a mistake, by the way. And now we don't know where the hell he is, so meantime we gotta find ourselves something to hunt. There's no harm checking this thing out." Sam said, me noding in agreement. "All right. So where do we find these kids?" "Same place you always find kids in a town like this." I tell them, smiling.

That night, at the Rodeo Drive, Sam and Dean interview people as I talk to some locals, hoping to hear some history on this 'Hell House'. One guy told me it was haunted by an old farmer, another said his wife, and still another said the kids. I just hope it was only one of them, not all. I hear a whistle as I'm talking to a guy at a table and try to not roll my eyes. "Gimme a sec, I'll meet you outside." I tell Dean, telepathically, and I can hear him walking out, mad. I thank the man for talking to me and walk out, meeting Sam and Dean at the car. "Don't do that!" Dean yells at me. "Do what?" Sam asked, oblivious. "Well, if we ever get split up on a hunt or something, it'll help if I can control and use these weird powers of mine!" I yell back. Sam stops us from tearing each other apart and we get in the car to go talk to this Craig guy.

We go to a local music shop and find Craig behind a counter. "Fellas, Miss. Can I help you with anything?" he asked us. "Yeah, are you Craig Thurston?" Sam asked him. "I am." Craig replies. "Well we're reporters with the Dallas Morning News. I'm Dean, this is Sam and Kaylee, our intern." "No way. Well I'm a writer too. I write for my school' lit magazine." He tells us. "Well, good for you Morrissey." Dean says. "Umm. We're doing an article on local hauntings and rumor has it you might know of one." I ask him. "You mean the Hell House?" "That's the one." Dean tells him. "I didn't think there was anything to the story." "Why don't you tell us the story." I say, looking hopeful.