The Usual Suspects

I really wanted to do this, but spaced, so I'm putting it up now.....

Sam and I are standing in the motel room, worried about Dean, when the door breaks open, revealing a SWAT team and we hold our hands up. One of the cops advances on us, her gun up. "Going somewhere Sam, Kaylee?" She asked us. Soon after, we were led away in handcuffs and taken to a police station.

Sam and I were in separate rooms, no doubt Dean in another. I was pacing around, bored out of my mind when the door opened, revealing a woman, not the same from the motel room, holding a coffee cup. "Thought you might be thirsty." "Okay, so you're the good cop. Where's the bad cop?" I asked, sarcastically. "Oh, he's with your brother, Dean." "Okay. And you're holding us why?" I asked. "Well, he's being held on suspicion of murder. And you and Sam, we'll see." I leaned forward, eyes widening. "Murder?!"

"You sound genuinely surprised. Or are you that good of an actor?" "Who was he supposed to have murdered?!" "We'll get around to that." "Well, you can't just hold us here without formal charges!" "Well actually, we can, for forty eight hours, but with your brother Sam being a pre-law student, might know that. I know all about you Kaylee." She said and she pulled out a file.

"You're 15 years old, almost 16, no school, no job, no home address. Your mother disappeared when you were around 3, leaving you with your brother's and father, whose whereabouts are unknown. And then there's your brother Dean. Whose demise was, well, just a little bit exaggerated. Feel free to jump in whenever you like." I folded my arms and leaned back a bit. "Shy? No problem. I'll keep going. Your family moved around a lot after you moved in with your dad and brothers. Despite that, you got good grades and could have probably gotten an amazing scholarship. Your mom disappeared, leaving you when you were 3, along with your year old little brother and sister." My head snapped up as she closed the file. "Then about a year ago there was a fire in your brothers apartment. One fatality-Jessica Moore, his girlfriend. After she died, he fell off the grid, leaving everything behind.

"He needed some time off, to deal. So we're all taking a road trip." I told her, forcing my panic down as she brought up my brother and sister, who were probably dead like my mom. "How's that going for you?" "Great. I mean... we saw the second largest ball of twine in the continental US. Awesome." I told her, pulling a chair up to the table and sitting in it backwards. "We ran Dean's fingerprints through AFIS." "Okay." I said. "Got over a dozen possible hits." "Possible hits, which make them worthless." I point out. "But it makes you wonder. What are we gonna find when we run your prints, or Sam's?" "Yeah, well. You be sure to let me know, all right. May I?" I asked, pointing to the coffee cup. "Please." "Great." I said, sniffing the cup and sipping it while she leaned closer.

"Kaylee, you seem like a good kid. It's not your fault Dean's your brother. We can't pick our family. Right now detectives in St. Louis are exhuming a corpse. They're trying to figure out how your brother faked his own death. After torturing all those young women. Dean's a bad guy. His life is over. Yours doesn't have to be." I looked at her, shocked she thought I would think like that. "You want me to turn against my own brother?" "No. We already caught him cold. Red-handed at the Karen Giles murder scene. We just need you to fill in some missing pieces." "Why would I do that?" "Because I can talk to the DA. Make a deal for you. You can get on with your life. You and Sam. Dean's as good as gone." I thought for a monment, then told her the story the guys and I had agreed on. "My dad and Tony Giles were old friends. They were in the service together. We've known him since we were kids, you know? So we came as soon as we heard about his death."

~~~~~~~~~

Dean is sitting at a cafe table, reading a newspaper. Sam approaches with three cups of coffee and sets two of them down. As he sat down, Dean handed him the paper. "There you go." Sam said and I took a sip of my coffee. "Anthony Giles." Dean told him. "Who's Anthony Giles?" Sam asked. "He's a Baltimore lawyer. Working late in his office, check it out." I told him and Sam read a bit out loud. "Uh.......throat was slit, room was clean. Huh. No DNA, no prints." "Keep reading, it gets better." Dean told him."Security cameras failed to capture footage of the assailant." "So I'm thinking either somebody tampered with the tapes-" "Or it's an invisible killer." Sam finished for Dean. "My favorite kind. What do you think, Scully, Skinner? You wanna check it out?" Dean asked, looking at me then Sam. "I'm not Skinner, you're Skinner." "No, I'm Mulder. You're a bald guy, and Kaylee's still a red-headed woman." "Damn right." I said and they chuckled.