003- Sadie

"Sadie! Wake up! We're late for class!", I heard my roommate Echo yell to me as she shook me as an attempt to get me awake. You see, I have a very hard time waking up.

"SAAAAADDDDIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!! We're going to miss first period! GEEEEEETTTTT UUUUUPPPP!!!!", my other roommate Angelina screamed to me.

"Wha-who- Oh! Good morning!", I replied.

"We're late!", my third roomate, Scarlett told me.

"Holy crap!"

"Yeah!"

I jumped out of bed, and got dressed for the day in my uniform. Burgundy blouse, navy skirt, navy tie, and sneakers. Hey, the teachers haven't caught on yet! They never will!

Angie (her nickname), Echo, and Scarlett, stood at the door waiting, while I grabbed all my books, and we headed out the door.  Ah, those girls. They're my best friends. When I came here, I wasn't expecting to find anyone who liked old things, like classic rock and old tv, but I'm so happy I did! They are truly the best friends a girl could ask for. 

"So, whats your first class today, Sadie?", Angie asked as we walked down the stairs to get to the door to enter the school building. You see, our school has three buildings. Two for dorms, and one for education. Everyday, we have to walk all the way from one building to another. It's quite painful!

"Uh, let me check...", I looked down at my schedule I kept in my binder.

"English. At least it's not my worst class! But I have Mrs. Heffenbacher! She's the worst!", I added.

"Oh, don't worry, i'll be there too!", Echo replied. What a relief!

"Aww! I have English with Mrs. Robinson, soo...", Scarlett replied.

"Me too!", Angie spoke.

"Lucky. She's sooo nice.", I replied

"No you're lucky. We didn't have to wait for you, y'know!", Angie said as she laughed.

"Thanks!", I replied sarcastically, and all four of us giggled.

As we headed in the big education building, I noticed something was off. The stairway to the basement that is normally always dark was glowing. Glowing neon colors. I thought it was strange, but shrugged it off for the time being.

"Bye Angie! Scarlett!"

"Bye Sadie! Echo!"

We said our goodbyes and headed our seperate ways to our different classes. Anyway, I hoped we would be able to walk in seamlessly without the teacher knowing we were late, but we all know that only happens in movies. So, before Echo could even walk in, my teacher, Mrs. Heffenbacher, started to yell at us. God, I hate her!

"Sadie!!!! Echo!!!!" How dare you be late AGAIN! Now go down to Mr. Thorkelson's office and get a late slip!

Great. Mr. Thorkelson. Every student's worst nightmare. With his big stature and intimidating, stern, face, he could kill a fly by just looking at it. But, I could face expulsion if I didn't go down, so I had to go. I mean, I would love to get out of here, but my parents would kill me.

As we walked down the hallway to Thork's office (a nickname us students gave him), I was reminded of the strange glow in the basement. But once again, I shook it off. I walked into his office, and was greeted by the smell of rotten fish and heavy b.o. Yuck.

"Uh, hello Mr. Thorkelson."

"What are you doing here girls?"

"Um, we need a late slip..."

"Again!? Oh my, girls, I should expell you. Ugh."

He then proceeded to yell things I shall not repeat. Ugh.

So, with my slip in hand, we headed back to class. Funny thing, the whole time, I didn't see Angie or Scar. Maybe Mrs. Robinson is more lenient. I don't know. But yet again, we passed the basement hallway. So strange. But yet again, I let it go.

As the day went on, I chatted with some friends in class, met some new friends, and chatted with Angie, Echo, and Scarlett in the halls. Other than that, nothing else happened. Just a normal day.

At the end of the day, I spotted my other friends, Ela and Mila, being loud and noisy. Ah those girls! But I love 'em!.

"You girls will never learn. Will ya?", I told them with a smirk. Then I noticed Scar and Angie, so I walked up to them.

"Ah! Finally the end of the day!", I spoke to them, with relief.

"Yes! Finally", Angie replied.

"So, you got any plans tonite? Gonna see a boy from our brother school?", Scar added.

"No! Sod off Scarlett!"

"Hey that's Beatle talk!", Echo replied with a giggle.

"Yeah it is!"

We giggled for the rest of the walk there, until I noticed the basement again.

Now, glowing even brighter.

"Hey girls, do you see that? The basement?"