010- Echo

Sorry for making this lmao

I had woken up early to the Beatles screaming Love Me Do in my ear. I yelped, slapped my hand over my mouth, and sheepishly looked to see if I had woken anyone up. My roommates, Sadie, Scar, and Angie were practically drooling on their pillows. Thank God. I know how they can be. 

I sneaked into the kitchen for granola after I got into my navy uniform. It looked like everyone else's, but I wore boots. If it wasn't for Sadie's opinion, I would've worn spurs just for the hell of it. I'm very much from the country. 

"The hell dude, you woke me up," Scarlett hissed in my ear, causing me to drop the box of granola in shock. 

"Bruh," I replied in a snarky tone, picking up the box, and pouring a serving into a bowl. Scar collapsed next to me on our couch. I kicked my boots onto the coffee table,which Scarlett found incredibly funny. We're both Texans, which made me moving across the Atlantic more bearable. Scar grabbed a ten gallon hat, and placed it on her head. We giggled. 

"Howdy partner," she said in an exaggerated accent. 

"Yeehaw," I laughed. 

Because our school is, y'know, McCartney-Wyman, we had printed a picture of the Beatles Dallas interview. Seeing Paul McCartney trying to be Texan was just so funny. 

"What's your first period?" Scarlett asked, reaching for a piece of chocolate in my bowl. I swatted her hand. 

"English," I said, wearing a half hearted smile. "With Mrs. Heffenbacher."

"Ew. I heard she's the worst. I have Mrs. Robinson."

"HEY HEY HEY," Angie yelled at us. We laughed at the Simon and Garfunkel reference. Angie threw Scar a banana, which missed and smacked me in the face. 

I opened it, bit off a piece, and handed it to Scarlett. Scar and Angie made a face, which I shrugged off. 

"Is Sadie still sleeping?" Scarlett asked, still eating the banana. Angie nodded. 

"She can never wake up."

I raised my eyebrows. "Sexy Sadie, what have you done?" Then I shoveled a spoonful of cereal in my mouth. 

Angie looked at me. "Did you for real just call Sadie sexy? That is so gay."

"Dude, I am gay. And it's a soooong. Duh."

Scar walked over to the kitchen, and sat on a bar stool to finish an art project of Angie and Sadie being lazy, I think. Angie looked out of our window. Then at the clock. 

"AH CRAP," she yelled. "WE'RE LATE." 

Scarlett and I went haywire. I threw my hair up and into a bun (dress code), Scar stuffed her project into her bag, and then we all stormed to Sadie's bed to wake her up. I stuck my finger into her ear, which did nothing. Angie set me aside, and proceeded to scream in Sadie's ear. 

"SAAAAAAADIEEEEEE."

"AAAAGH! ANGIE, WHAT THE...?"

"WE'RE LATE!" Scarlett screeched. I shoved Sadie's uniform in her face, and we left her to change. 

Five minutes later, I locked the door behind us as we hot footed it to class. And on our way, I found out that Sadie was in my class! Yes! I wouldn't have to suffer alone!

After saying "See ya!" to Scarlett and Angelina, Sadie and I opened the door to a very pissed off teacher. 

Oops. 

...

So we got sent to the office. I almost cried, as I never get in trouble. But Sadie had something else on her mind. 

"Sadiiiee," I said in a sing song voice. "Are you thinking about a boy from our brother school? Or a girl from here?"

She lightly hit me on my arm. "Sod off," she giggled. "It's nothing like that at all."

I stopped her, our skirts swinging around us. "Then what's up?"

Sadie looked shocked. "You didn't see it?"

"See what?"

"The basement? It's glowing-"