012- The Meeting

*Story part written by Sadie

The next few hours were pretty uneventful that day. Echo and I were up in the room, while Angie and Scar were down in the caf getting food for all of us. Like any other day.

"Hey, they're taking a little longer then normal, don't you think?". Echo asked me.

"Nah, they probably are just stuck in a long line.", I re-assured her.

We continued sitting there, just chatting about classic rock and homework, and all of a sudden, Scar burst through the door.

"GUYS!!! GUYS!!!!", she spoke as if she was out of breath.

"What?! What?!", I mocked her with a giggle. Echo laughed.

Then Angie came in.

"THE- THE LIGHT! THE GREEN LIGHT! THE BASEMENT! THE OTHER GIRLS!!! I-I- JUST COME WITH US!!!!", Scar struggled to say, as she yanked my arm to come with her, and as Angie took Echo's.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

When we arrived downstairs, just outside of the basement, I noticed a few other girls standing around. Something must have been up.

In fact,  there was 8 of them. (other than me and my roommates)

I recognized most of them, but we had only met informally. Angelina and Scarlett went over to chat with some other girls, and Echo went with them. I stayed behind, curious and unsure.  One girl with blonde hair and glasses approached me. I recognized her to be Nat.

"Hey! Sadie, right? Do you know what's going on here?", she asked me.

"No, Angie and Scarlett dragged me down here. I'm guessing you don't either?", I replied.

"Nope. Me and Norah were heading to the caf, when we saw a commotion over here. Norah's asking some girls whats happening.", she answered.

"Ah."

"Oh, here she comes now!"

Norah walked over to us.

"OH. MY. GOD.", she spoke to us.

"What's going on?", Nat asked her roommate.

"That glowing light... the one downstairs... they're wanting to check it out... and I'm going with them... they want you guys to come too..", she replied.

"Really? That creepy glow could be anything! We could get hurt!", Nat worriedly told her.

"Well, thats why we're going in large numbers. In case something happens, there's someone else there to help them", Ela added, as she walked up to us. I recognized her, for her and Mila's dorm is beside mine.

"Well... I'm in! I've been wondering about that glow for the entire week!", I spoke, somewhat surprised at my answer. What if something did happen!

"Great! Everyone else here is too! Except well, you Nat. Are you in?" Ela asked Nat.

"Well- er, I guess!"

"Great! Lets go!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

When we arrived in the basement, the glow seemed more enticing. I was in awe, and it seemed like all the other girls were too.

"This is AWESOME." Mila said, reading all of our minds. 

The glow seemed to be coming from behind a door, and I stopped.

"Guys, are you sure we should do this?"

"Why not?" Ela said, and swung open the door.

As soon as she did so, a super high screech overtook the room, and we all covered our ears. Then, the light went brighter than ever, and it was blinding.

Then, it all went dark.