4 𖧻The search is over𖧻

^Lorenzo's Picture Above ^

᠁༄᠁

We have looked everywhere and there is still no sign of my parents. It makes no sense. They wouldn't just disappear. I really don't get this. It confuses me.

I stood in the middle of the meeting room as I stared at the table as my mind wandered off. Lorenzo, Vincenzo and Beto walked in and I somewhat gave my attention to the three of them.

I never knew I was in a pack. Let alone Lorenzo and Vincenzo being my Alphas. I got to start learning to ask questions instead of acting off instinct.

"The search is over Bella." Beto said. My eyes locked with his. "The search isn't over until they are brought home Beto." I said bluntly. "The search is over." He said more firmly.

"For you, it is. Me, no. I won't rest until they are home and alive." I said. "Your parents are dead Bell, we found their bodies. That's why the search is over." Lorenzo said quietly as everyone studied my features.

"Bella, I know what your thinking. I know you thought they were the toughest people alive, but...every kid thinks that about their parents. Maybe they weren't as tough as we saw them. By the looks of it...it was just an accident." Beto said.

The search is over. It's officially over because my parents are dead. They are dead. I felt anger course through me as I slammed my hand down on the table, breaking a large chunk of the table off.

"Bells." Beto said softly. I wasted my time on them. I wasted two centuries of my life searching for them for nothing. They were dead all along. Yet I did five searches and Beto did a bundle of searches.

I felt so angry. It's not fair. I punched the wall when I felt sparks on both of my arms and I suddenly calmed down. I didn't jerk away from them like I have been the past couple of weeks. I just stood there and let them hold my arms.

I felt numb and I could only feel their hands slide down my arms until they got to my hands where they held mine. I have to remember later that we can't be together. I'd plague them with my darkness. My demons.

"I'll give you guys a minute alone." Beto said before he left. Vincenzo and Lorenzo made me sit in a chair and they both still held my hand. They were crouched down beside me. "It's okay." Lorenzo said. I stayed quiet as I focused on how to say something. I pulled my hands away from them and they looked at me in confusion.

"Please hear me out." I said and they nodded slowly. "I want to be your guys mate. I do. But...I can't. Hold on...listen. I can't be your mate because of me. It's me. Not you guys. I have to many demons to be with you guys. I'm in a pool of darkness and I'm in too deep to be saved. I feel numb inside and I don't feel much anymore. It's like I'm dead I guess...I always attract danger and I can't do that to you guys." I said as my right hand cupped Lorenzo's face while my left hand cupped Vincenzo's face.

"I'm doing this for you guys. I'm protecting you from my darkness, my demons and the danger that follows me." I said as my thumbs brushed over their lips.

"Can we say something?" Lorenzo asked. "Of course." I said. "We disagree with you about all of this. You might think your demons are holding you back and keeping you in the darkness...but, we can save you from that darkness. You just have to let us be your light like you are our light. Your numbness will go away as we get close. We are numb too. It happens to all Mateless wolves after awhile because they are alone." Vincenzo explained.

"I can't risk it though. You guys would be in constant danger when with me." I said. "A constant danger we are willing to put ourselves in." He said. "It's not fair though." I said. "Not everything is fair little mate." Lorenzo said.

I stayed quiet. "Does this mean you'll try for us?" He asked with a knowing grin. "You two are going to kill me, but yes. We will try us. Unless I think it becomes risky. Too risky." I said. "Let us decide when it gets to risky." He said. "Like you'll admit it." I said with a snort. They grinned and I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face. It was a smile that met my eyes for once.