[4] dawn of the e-girls

I walk past my dad's bedroom, hearing loud moans, and unusual sounds that shouldn't be described in full detail. I almost gagged and immediately started sprinting across the hall to my room.

Undoubtedly, he hooked up with some random chick at the bar again. Yucky.

I enter my room, slamming the door shut behind me. I sigh in relief and place my schoolbag near my desk. "What the actual fuck." I mutter quietly to myself, before grunting and kicking my schoolbag in frustration.

How many times is he going to keep doing this?
-

The next morning, I walk to the bus stop with an exhausted physique. I couldn't sleep all night, and I stayed up until I could hear birds chirp outside my window.

I didn't even bother checking my outfit. I wore a loose plain black hoodie, and cargo shorts. So cool.

I didn't see my dad's car present in the driveway this morning, which probably meant that he was out again. It didn't matter to me anymore. What was important to me was that, this time, I made sure to bring my coffee in a reusable mug.

I sat in the bus by myself as per usual, except I sat farther away from the girl who wanted me to switch seats. This time, her boyfriend was present at the bus stop, and sat right beside her.

What a fucking liar, she probably wanted me to move just because she hated my presence or some shit.

It was strange seeing the couple interact with each other. They were holding hands the entire time, and just talking and smiling like a bunch of idiots. In general, it was very uncomfortable, and there was an unusual feeling at the pit of my stomach.

I decide to brush off these stupid feelings, because all I knew is that it was something only a so called conformist would feel.

-

Instead of attending first period, I skipped. I couldn't care less about my lessons, I just wanted to find the goth kids as soon as possible. I recall Michael saying that they typically stay behind the school, near the staircase.

I pull open the entrance doors, attempting to exit through the gym. When I entered, I realize that I found myself face-to-face with a whole group of preppy looking cheerleaders. They were all in a circle, doing their daily stretches. I assumed that they were about to begin cheer practice.

I also had spotted a small group of kids chilling on the bleachers, all dressed in strange clothing. Most of them wore layers, such as stripped shirts over over sized clothes.

Holy shit, I didn't know this school had e-girls.

I made sure that nobody was paying attention, and sprinted across the gym, aiming for the exit. I push open the doors with a force, and in an instant, they opened.

When I finally arrived outside, I noticed that the group was right in front of me. Michael was smoking on the stairs, while Henrietta, Pete, and Firkle sat below the roof, in front of a garage door. There was a radio beside them, playing faint music.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)." Michael greets me in a stoic tone. "We were just talking about you."

The statement made my heart rate accelerate. "Me?" I say, leaning against the railing. I needed the chance to catch my breath. "What about me?"

Pete took a drag of his cigarette, softly bopping his head to the music. "Well, we placed a bet on whether or not you would actually skip class." He flips his hair. "I won."

It was surprising to find out that more than half of the goth kids had little to no faith that I would show up, other than Pete. "Well, I'm here now." I pull out the reusable coffee mug out of my schoolbag, and took a swig. "Oh yeah, on my way here I saw some cheerleaders and e-girls in the gym." I state, attempting to start a conversation.

The goths glare at me, all wearing confused expressions. Oh shit, do they even know what that is?

"We know of the nazi conformist cheerleaders, but what the fuck are e-girls?" Michael spats out, sounding more puzzled.

"Why were they in the gym? That's one of our hangout spots. " Henrietta asks.

"Are they robots?" Pete asks.

"I don't care who they are, they sound fucking annoying." Firkle finishes off.

Michael pulls out his phone, tapping on the screen for a moment. "Hold on, I found the definition." He swipes through the page, his eyes widening every time he read a new line.

"No wayy..." He whispers, gazing up from his phone. "Basically, they're a different breed of emos. Except they're total losers who think that following conformist dancing trends, playing video games, drawing hearts under their eyes, and wearing stripped shirts under shirts will make them popular."

I watch as everyone rolls their eyes in disgust.

"That's fucking disgusting." Says Pete.

"Yeah, who the fuck do they think they are?" Henrietta takes a drag of her cigarette. "This is bullshit, I can't believe emos are evolving into even more of a poser population."

I couldn't help but chuckle, watching them talk shit about e-girls was honestly the best thing I've seen all day.

Michael shows off a picture of an e-girl outfit idea posted on Pinterest. "Look at this shit, they're basically combining our style and the emo style into one disgraceful love child."

"I would abort that love child." I say, sipping more coffee.

"Agreeable." Pete responds.

"I want to shove razor blades into their eyes and disassemble their their joints." Firkle comments.

"Yeah." We all say in unison.

After a few minutes of staring into the void while listening to faint goth music, the school bell rings, signifying that it was lunch. I had become so occupied with the goth kids, I missed 2 entire periods. I felt proud of myself.

Pete slowly gets up. "Hey guys, wasn't there a meeting for all groups interested in performing in the talent show this period?" He asks, flipping his hair.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure." Michael retorts, also standing up. "We should get going quick, so we don't have to encounter the school conformists for a long period of time." The other goths nod in response.

Henrietta puffs her last bit of smoke into the air, before sighing and getting up.

"If the e-girls show up, I'm beating the shit out of them."

-

[A/N]: THIS WAS SO FUN TO WRITE