[9] tea time

While traversing on our way home, Pete and I were giving each other the silent treatment. We wanted nothing more than to be quiet after the horrendous experience we witnessed today. Not only did I encounter the odd species known as the vampire kids, but we had an unspeakable conversation inside the janitor's closet.

Honestly, I was exhausted, and I just wanted to head back home. Pete had seemed the same.

"So," I say, my eyes perking up at Pete, as he sparked back in surprise. "Not to sound creepy or anything, but I recall you saying that you lived near me?" I was thirsty for conversation.

Pete's darted his eyes away from my gaze. "Oh, well you know.. We all live in the same town so, everyone lives relatively close." He informs me, scratching his neck nervously.

I nod, and utter silence follows.

"I live in a trailer." Pete mutters quietly to himself, a hint of blush dusts his cheeks. "And I lied, it's located at the other side of town." Was that really something to be embarrassed about? If he didn't really live near me, he didn't have to lie about it.

"Oh?" I respond cautiously, tilting my head in confusion. "That's cool, I didn't know they have trailer parks here." I give him a small smile, ignoring the last half he said.

"Well, I guess they do make a smaller footprint on the environment." He sheepishly grins back.

We stop in front of my front porch, as I wave farewell to Pete. I realize that my dad's car was finally parked in our driveway.

Pete walks away, nervous for some reason.

I slowly enter my house, my body feeling heavy due to how tired I was feeling. I was looking forward to taking a long, peaceful nap.

Once I stepped foot into my house, I hear large footsteps approaching the main hallway.

Was it dad?

"Oh- L-Look who's home." My dad announces, tipsy and rigid. He clearly looked drunk, and my eyes widen in fear as he takes a few steps towards me. "I-It's been so long since I've seen you, howw are you d-doing sweetheart~"

The last thing I wanted to see was my father in this horrid state.

I flinch as dad places a cold hand on my shoulder. He hiccups, before wiping his mouth with his opposing hand.

"I-I'm fine... Are you drunk?" I ask, as I attempt to swat his hand off of me. However, it only resulting in him grabbing my right wrist and pinning it roughly against the wall. "D-Dad stop-" I exclaim, struggling within his grasp.

"What if I am, huh? You're gonna call the fucking cops on me or some shit? Huh, (Y/N)?" Dad's grip tightens, as tears begin to form in my eyes. "Reminds me, the other hot chick I was supposed to meet tonight bailed on me, so now I guess it's just you and me~" He prepares to strike me, and I started to panic.

My breath hitches as I used my left leg to physically roundhouse kick my dad's waist, dropping him to the ground.

As he lays there grunting, I quickly grab my bag and swiftly exit the house, making sure to lock the door extra tight behind me. I sprinted across the street and ran as fast as my legs could carry me towards the same direction...

The other side of town.

I haven't seen my dad in days, and this is the sight I see? I wanted to permanently bleach my eyes.

I kept running, until I was almost out of breath. Hopefully, my dad either passed out or wasn't following me. Hopefully he doesn't even care about me, because it's a mutual feeling.