[10] finale (part 1)

The sound of footsteps echo through the hallway, as I remain dumbfounded on the ground. I didn't even bother standing back up due to the amount of utter shock that had passed through my head.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" I hear Pete ask, cautiously approaching my lopsided figure. I remained on the ground, glaring back up at him in confusion. He blinks once, before extending a hand to help me up. I hesitantly take his hand, propping myself back onto my feet.

I brush the invisible dust off my arms, before glaring back at Pete. "Yeah, I'm okay. I was just a bit thirsty." I excuse myself, clearing my throat. I glance back, realizing that the letter I had found in the trash bin was still present on top of the table. 

My eyes widen with fear.

Understandingly, he nods his head in response. "Oh. Did you accidentally fall over or something? You were on the ground, and I heard a large noise." 

I nod back at him, scratching the back of my neck nervously. "A-Ah, yeah. I'm sorry for waking you up and all." I lowered my gaze, praying that he hopefully makes it back to his room without noticing the letter.

He shakes his head, and gives me a small smile. "It's okay, I just wanted to make sure you were alright-" A small dust of blush pecks his cheeks. "I-I mean if anything bad happened."

I couldn't tell if it was because if was 3 in the morning, or because the other goths weren't present, but the fact that Pete was being so nice to me really caught me off guard. I wonder if he's too afraid to show this other attitude to the others. I could understand why, though.

"Well, I'm doing okay now. Thanks." 

"No problem." He turns in the opposite direction, and a wave of relief rolls over me. "Anyways, we should probably get some sleep, I guess. If you want. See you later." Pete waves at me in dismissal, and I quickly wave back.

I remain still until I could hear the faint sound of his bedroom door closing shut.

What the fuck. Things were getting even crazier.

Pete liked me? But why? There were so many unanswered questions buzzing through my head.

I reached over towards the table, proceeding to read the letter once more:

Hey, I hope this letter gets to you soon. I just wanted to say that although I've known you for a day, I really admire you. Fuck, this sounds so conformist, but, do you want to hang out sometime? Like just get coffee together or something? I know the other goths would never allow it, but, I know I can't let these feelings for you die out so quickly. You just seem so nice, just I don't know, you're really cool. Anyways, I love you, (Y/N). I hope you have a nice day. - Pete

My face turns heated, as I force myself not to scream. Is this what it felt like to have an admirer? Why does my chest ache so much? Was it because it was Pete?

There are plenty of questions. But the real question is: Do I like him back? I do recall admitting that I had only found him appealing as a friend. All this time I thought that he wasn't comfortable being called a friend because it wasn't goth-like. But now I understand it was the complete opposite. No wonder he felt so horrible after. 

I just friend-zoned the local goth boy :(

Thinking back though all the weird encounters we've had, I don't really think that it would make a difference if we magically started... like.... 'dating'. Our personalities fit together like a puzzle-piece, and others had already assumed we were.

But how do I bring this up to him? 'Hey I found your discarded love letter, let's date' like what the fuck, I would be putting myself up for failure. 

Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead. Oh boy, this sure is a dilemma.

A/N: im back babeyyyy B) sorry for the long wait, i honestly kinda forgot this existed lmao. but after logging back onto wattpad and seeing so many people wanting me to continue i figured why not :) get ready for the last chapter fellas