[8] closet confessions

After the talent show, the goth kids and I chilled near the garage door entrance as per usual. We were all feeling very proud about our recent performance, and we chattered among ourselves about the things we would buy if we did obtain the $100 gift card.

Honestly, I didn't care if we won or lost. It was fun performing with them anyways.

Soon after, although it was only 4 PM, Michael decided to leave.

Henrietta and Firkle lingered a bit, until they both left too. Now it was just Pete and I remaining at the school grounds.

I was kinda getting used to being alone with him. Wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing.

I sigh. "Heck, I still need to get some shit out of my locker." I inform him, as I stand up to stretch my joints. "I guess I'll see you around." I wave in my dismissal.

Pete puffs the last bit of smoke from his cigarette, before also standing up, and stamping his cigarette into the ground. "Oh- Could I come with you? I have something to tell you anyways."

I nod in response, a tad bit nervous. I wonder what he wanted to talk about.

We quietly made our entrance through the gym, the sound of sneakers hitting the floor.

What we didn't realize, was that we interrupted a certain gathering. As we made our first steps into the gymnasium, I brought myself face to face with an entire group of vampire-looking kids. They all sat in orange chairs, facing the stage, as their leader spoke through a microphone. Many wore neon hair dye, bright eye shadow, edgy clothing, and some even wore Twilight merchandise.

"What the fuck is this-" I accidentally blurt out-loud. Gradually, everyone had their eyes towards me, and some kids were even hissing.

Pete rolls his eyes. "Shit, we interrupted the fucking vampire kids." He spins around swiftly, grabbing me by the arm. "Let's just get out of here." I wince due to the sudden physical contact.

Before we could make our exit, the leader steps down the stairs. "Hold on, who is this?" He asks, his accent was something I couldn't describe with words. "A new kid, per se?"

The kids in the gym started to get rowdy, hissing even louder. One even offered me a sip of their 'blood' (which was obviously juice). I declined their offer.

Pete turns around again, glaring at the leader with a sense of disgust in his eyes. "Nobody fucking asked, Mike." He scowls at him. "And if you're really that freaking curious, they're OUR new member."

This so called 'Mike' glared back at me, and smirked. "Wow, Really? Did they really have willingness to join your stupid group? They obviously look fit enough to be a vamp kid instead." He takes a few steps towards me. "Don't you think so, too?" Mike asks me, raising an eyebrow.

I twitch my head to the side in confusion, before staring back at Pete. "Yeah, let's get the fuck out of here." I say, as Pete and I began to sprint out the doors.

As we ran through the hallway, I noticed that a couple of the weird vampire kids had supposedly trailed after us. The sound of faint hissing seemed to bounce through the halls.

"JOIN US-" They creepily yell in sync. "Or we will have to suck every last blood cell out of your body!" One of them said.

Their threats weren't as scary compared to how quickly they seemed to run after us.

"Shit, I think they're onto us." Pete mutters, pausing to take a large breath. "Honestly, how the fuck did we get into this situation?"

I shake my head slowly. "Kinda my fault. Maybe I should just stop being so forgetful."