Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next morning, I wake up and Jackson is still sleeping and I just look at him. We're married. I knew he missed Tara but now we're married. What made him do that? He starts to stir and he opens his eyes and sees me watching him and I see concern in his eyes. "You okay babe?" he asks as he raises up a bit. "Yeah. Just thinking about things." I tell him. "Talk to me." he says before he pulls me close. I lay my head against his chest but don't look at him before saying "We're married Jax. What made you get the marriage license? What about Tara? I mean, I know you miss her but..." and I'm cut off with his lips on mine. "You know how in the club, we all wrote bucket letters?" he asks and I nod. "I had one from Tara. She told me that if anything happened to her, because she knew that Gemma was going to pull something, she wanted you to take care of the kids. She wanted you to be their mom because she knew you would always put them first." he tells me. "But why marry me?" I ask. "Because when I needed you, you were there. You were the one helping me cope with losing her. Tara loved you. In the letter she said she wanted me to move on with you and that she knew that you would be good for me and the boys. But she made me promise one thing." he tells me. "What's that?" I ask. "To get you and the boys out of Charming and not to cheat on you like I did her." he tells me and I pull away a little. "Since you've been here, have you...um..." I start. He tilts my chin up and says "I've been 100% faithful." he tells me and I nod my understanding.

We hear Thomas rambling over the monitor and we both smile. "The boys are so happy with you." he tells me. "With us." I say. "With us. Are you okay with us?" he asks. "I will be. Still trying to wrap my head around you even still being alive." I tell him and place my hand on his cheek. "I missed you Jackson." I whispered. "I missed you too. All of you." he tells me. He puts his hand on my stomach and Maci kicks him. "How did you get her name?" he asks. "When I found out we were having a girl, I told Abel and Thomas and when Abel asked me what I was going to name her, I said I would let him and Thomas help me pick. We pulled out a baby book and I flipped through the pages and just randomly stopped on one and said for Abel to pick one. He just pointed to one and it was Maci. I did the same with Thomas and his little finger went to Jade." I tell him. "So our boys named their sister?" he asks. "Yeah. Are you okay with her name?" I ask. "Yeah, I am. I love it more now that I know how you got it." he tells me. He kisses me one more time when we hear Thomas calling "Mama, Dada." and we both start laughing. He kisses me one more time and says "Rest. I got the boys." I nod and snuggle back under the covers. When Jax leaves the room, I look down at my stomach and rub it. "I'm trying to forgive him baby girl. I really am."

After breakfast is done, I walk to the kitchen and eat with Jax and the kids before Jax leaves to take Abel to school. "Bye mommy. Bye Maci." he says as he hugs me and then kisses my stomach. He looks at his brother and says "Bye Tommy." and Thomas waves at him and says "Bye." I walk with Thomas to the living room and we put on a movie. "What movie do you want?" I ask Thomas and he says "Nemo mama." I smile and put on the movie. A few minutes into the movie, Jax comes home and Thomas has dozed off and I'm sitting there crying. "Babe, what's wrong?" He asks softly, not to wake Thomas. "Freaking Nemo. He loves this movie and it makes me freaking cry every damn time." I tell him and we both start laughing.

He moves Thomas to the bed and he comes back to the couch. "Are you okay?" he asks. "Yeah. Just Jax...I need you to know that I really am trying to forgive you but it's not going to be easy for me. You hurt me. The guys hurt me." I tell him. "I know babe but just you trying to is more than I deserve." he tells me. "Does anyone other than the club know?" I ask. "Venus does. She came out here to set everything up just before it all went down." he tells me. "Would you be okay with me calling her from the burner to talk? Maybe she can help me figure out how to get past this. I want to be with you Jax. You're my husband and we're about to have a baby. I want this to work." I tell him. He kisses me softly and says "Yeah, go ahead and call Venus. You need my burner?" he asks. "No, Happy gave me one before we boarded the plane." I say. He looks at me and asks "You and Hap?" I shake my head and say "He's me best friend. He never tried anything and neither did I. He was the one to take me to the doctor to find out about her and he was there with me when we found out the gender. He stayed close." I tell him. "You ever think about being with him?" he asks. "Before you died I did. You were with Tara still and him and I started hanging out but I know he'd never go for me. He told me that he thought I was your girl long before Tara died. Said we seemed closer than you and her did." I tell him. "We were. Tara and I loved each other but we drifted apart. After a while, shit became too much for both of us." he tells me and I just nod. "I'm gonna call Venus." I tell him as I stand from the couch and walk out to the deck.

Calling Venus "Hello?" she asks. "Hey V." I say softly. "Hey baby. How are you and those beautiful babies?" she asks. "We're good." I say, smiling softly. "Can I talk to you about something?" I ask. "Of course baby. Are you on a burner?" he asks. "Yeah. Hap gave me one before we go on the plane." I tell her. "Good. Now, what do you need to talk about?" she asks. "He's alive." I tell her. "I know baby." she says. "Everyone knew and no one told me and I get it. I'm not even really mad about it. You guys saved him. The boys have their dad and so does my little girl." I say. "But?" she asks. "Why am I having such a hard time forgiving him?" I ask. "Honey, let me tell you something. That man. He loves you. I think he loves you more than he ever did Tara. But honey, look how long you mourned him. You grieved him. That messes anyone's head up. But baby, you and him have a second chance. Don't let it slip by." she tells me. "He gave me something the other night." I tell her. "What's that?" she asks. "A marriage license. Apparently we are legally married." I tell her. "Really?" she asks laughing. "Yeah. He said he knew I said I never wanted a wedding and didn't want to have kids without being married." I tell her. "Well, Dana Teller, that was something I didn't see coming." she tells me. "Me either." I tell her. "Well, how are you guys settling in?" she asks. "Good. Kids love having daddy here and Maci likes to kick him every time he touches my stomach. But it's hard sleeping next to him because my hormones are so crazy. Either I'm wanting to cry or wanting to have sex." I tell her laughing. "Well, honey you have a hunk for a husband. I say you take advantage of the man." she tells me. "I think I will." I tell her. We talk for a few more minutes before ending the call and I walk into the house and pulls Jax to me. Kissing him deeply, when we separate, I whisper "I love you Jackson." He smiles before whispering "I love you Dana Teller."