Part 7

I wake up as Asui shakes me slightly. "Hey, Deku, get ready for work. I'll be taking you today. We leave in about 45 minutes." I stretch. "Thanks Su." She smiles, "no problem." "Is it okay with you if I shower?" "Oh, go ahead! The shower should be easy enough to figure out. It's the same type we had in our dorms. The towels are in the cabinet in the bathroom and feel free to use whatever products are in there." "Thanks," I say as she stands back up and walks to her room. "No problem!" I'm guessing Uraraka left already. I stand up and grab my bag before heading into the shower, leaving my phone to charge. I took a 15 minutes shower and wrapped my arm in a new ace bandage before sliding on a Blue long sleeve shirt and dark blue jeans. I worked with what I had. I went back out and checked the time. 25 minutes until we left. I blew dry my hair and brushed my teeth and did all those necessary things. I checked the time again. 18 minutes still. I sat on the couch and looked at my phone. 2 missed calls from Kacchan, not surprising. I had no calls from Todoroki, but there was one voicemail from him. I brought it to my ear and listened to it.

"Izuku, where are you? I'm sorry. I really am. We should talk things. Actually, we both need a small break from each other. Actually? Where are you. Please just, tell me you're safe. I'm really worried. Please, just dont do anything stupid. Please, I'm begging you. I'll see you whenever I see you I guess. I'm sorry."

It cut off there. "Was that Todoroki?" Asui questioned. I sniffled a bit, "y-yeah it is." She nodded. "Uraraka left us breakfast. Let's eat, shall we?" Eating was the last thing I wanted to do, but I made a promise. "Okay." I followed her into the kitchen and sat down as she gave me a plate with a blueberry cheesecake muffin on it, a few strips of bacon, and cut up watermelon. Asui poured me a glass of pomegranate blend something or other juice. It tasted good, everything did. "Thank you." She smiled, "it's the least we can do." We ate and she put the dishes in the dishwasher before going to her room real quick. I grabbed my phone from the charger. I think I should at least tell Todoroki I'm alive. I texted him a quick "Make sure Ares is fed" To let him know I heard the message. "Come on, let's go," Asui said. I followed her to her car and she pulled out, heading to work. I asked her to drop me off at my work even though they wouldn't open for a while because Todoroki worked with her and she agreed to as long as I'd be allowed in and wasn't standing outside. The boss was always there an hour early, he'd let me in. We mostly drove in silence, all except for the radio. "I'll pick you up after I get done work," Asui said as I got out of her car. "Thanks, have a good day!" She smiled, "you too." She pulled away, leaving me there at the corner at my store. "Midoriya? What the heck are you here this early for?" I turn to see my boss speaking out the door. "Oh! The person giving me rides to work has work earlier than we open so she dropped me off first." He nodded and waved me over, welcoming me in. "Say, I thought you lived with that Shoat boat Todocoat kid?" I shaked my head, smiling weakly at the name attempt. "His name is Shoto Todoroki. And yeah, I sorta maybe live with him? I don't know. We had a small fight so I'm staying at a friend's house for now." He nodded, not pressing on the subject. I assorted a few flowers and plants, killing time. When work finally started it took my mind off things a bit but I still heard his voice in the back of my mind. YOU SAID YOU WOULD STOP. What a lie. Pathetic. I went on with the rest of my day as usual, making sure to act fine. I ate lunch with Misaki. We made small talk before heading back to the greenhouse section to tend to a few plants. I had to water all of them and sprinkle a bit of fertilizer on them. They always looked so pretty, especially this time of year. I stopped infront of a specific group of flowers. Tiger lillies. I remembered the one I had picked before trying to jump. It was the prettiest one I've ever seen. I really really wanted to die. I wish I had. I pick a flower. I remember the ones I gave Todoroki. He said I was the first person to ever give him flowers. I smelled the flower, inhaling its sweet scent. He seemed so happy. God, I really messed up. Again. Why do I keep doing this!? I sighed. I miss him. I just, didn't want to hurt him. The arguing and him storming out, it all reminded me of Kacchan. It reminded me of the night before. We were arguing about something stupid. He and I went back and forth arguing. He slapped me and called me a 'stupid fucking useless Deku'. He kept apologizing after he said those words. He hasn't spoken to me like that since high school. And he's never hit me before, ever since we've gotten together. I broke down crying and he tried to hug me but I shoved him off. I told him to 'get the hell off me' and to 'fucking leave me alone'. We both were crying and I ran to the bathroom, locking myself in it. He slammed the front door as he left the house, leaving for the bar. I had a bad feeling about him leaving, but I didn't want to say anything. God, I wish I had. I wish I never told him to leave in the first place. Maybe then none of this would have ever happened. Maybe then, I would've wanted to live. God, I was so fucking disgusting. Look at me. A supposed to be hero, who was such a disappointment that I got cheated on. I was never good enough. I wasnt good enough for Kacchan, what made me think I would ever be enough for Todoroki? I was so stupid. I have caused him so much pain. All he wanted to do was be there for me and I caused him so much pain. He literally sliced his fucking side because he had kissed me in his sleep. Was I really that revolting? Maybe he was just lonely and wanted somebody to toy with. That's all. Nobody could ever actually want me. I was so stupid, I actually believed that maybe just maybe, he had liked me. I was pathetic. "Midoriya? Oh there you are! Work ended about 5 minutes ago. Are you okay?" It was Misaki. I looked up at her and showed her the biggest smile I could put on. "Oh yeah I'm okay. I just got distracted that's all." She nodded and left. I was with Mr. Ayuzawa. "Have a good night!" I waved, heading out the door. He said the same. Where to go... well, I couldn't go to the pet store to wait for Asui. Todoroki was there and I didn't want to see him. Not yet. I was going to just go on my phone until Asui got done, but it was on 5% and I needed it incase of emergency. However I did check it and noticed a message from Aizawa.

Aizawa: How does it sound if we all sit down at my house in 3 days time?
Izuku: Who exactly?
Aizawa: You, me, All-Might, Bakugo, and whoever else you would like to invite.
Izuku: Is it alright if Tenya Iida comes? He's my lawyer after all.
Aizawa: Certainly.
Izuku: Thank you!
Aizawa: No problem. I just want what's best for all of you.

All of us. He really was a genuinely good person. He may have a barrier and certain dread but he actually cared for people. He just didnt want to show it. That reminds me, I havent talk to All-might since before the incident. Maybe I should call him. *Riiing. Riiiing. Riii-* "Young Midoriya! I'm so glad it's you. I've been trying to get a hold of you but you havent answered me." There was my mentor's voice. "Hi. Can we meet up? Like, now?" "Of course! Where at?" I thought for a moment, "the cafe on *insert name* street?" "Perfect. I'll meet you there." With that he hung up. Alrighty then. I walked to the cafe not too far and sat at a table, waiting for All-Might. He wasnt as popular as he used to be since he retired. I mean, it's been 8 years since he has. Of course people still knew him, but he was no longer the #1 hero, that's all. In fact, Kacchan was the #1 hero. He was out almost every night doing hero work. I was placed at #3. I still did a lot, just I let Kacchan handle a few things so I could take care of the house. My agency is giving me a small break, as requested by Mr.Aizawa. "Young Midoriya!" All might entered and I stood up to greet him, but he pulled me into a hug. He then bonked me on the head with his fist. "Ow!" "Dont you ever do something like that again! I was worried sick! I had to find out from Eraserhead that you tried to jump off a building and then you ignore my messages!? I swear kid!" I smiled weakly and he noticed my weak state. He hugged me again. "I'm glad you're okay." I hugged back, "thanks." We sat down and the lady came to take our orders. After she left we began conversation. "I heard most of the situation from Aizawa. The last I heard, you moved in with Todoroki. Why are you so upset?" I couldn't pretend to be happy near him. He would see right through me. We sat there and I explained every single thing, not leaving out a single detail. He didnt ridicule me, but instead sat there and listened to every word I had to say. "-a-and I dont know what to do." He placed a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "Midoriya, I'm sorry you have had to go through all this. I really am." I sniffled a bit. "What should I do?" I needed his advice. He always gave the best advice. Whatever it was I would take it. "You want my honest opinion?" I nodded. "Talk to him." I was a bit shocked, "huh?" "Talk to him. You're sitting here explaining all your troubles to a middle aged man who never lived life to the fullest. Izuku Midoriya, you deeply care for Shoto Todoroki. It's obvious. The number one problem with this whole situation is the lack of communication. The two of you need to sit down together and talk about your feelings. Yes, your true feelings and why you do certain things. He doesnt understand why you do some things and he is too scared to ask. You guys need to just talk." That wasnt what I was expecting to be honest. I don't know what I was expecting. I guess I never really had an actual discussion with Shoto about why I do some things and why I act the way I do and how I feel. He hasnt exactly been the most open person either. We sat in silence for a bit. "Alright. I will. I'll sit with him, face to face tomorrow after work." All-might nodded and smiled, "good. Now, we should probably get going. Tsuyu Asui should be driving to your work now." I nodded. We went back to my work, awaiting Tsu, who was already there. "Midoriya! Where have you- oh. Hello All-Might sir, ribbit. It's been a while." She greeted him with a smile. "Ah yes, that is has been. My, how the two of you have grown since UA. You both look like actual adults," he teased. "I was out with Young Midoriya. We had a long discussion about all that I've missed out on." Tsuyu nodded. "Well, I should probably get going back home. Is was nice to see you two again. Oh, and Midoriya, remember the meeting in 3 days." "I will." "Goodbye Young Midoriya and Young Asui!" He waved as he began walking to him car and we waved back. "Are you ready to go back to my place?" Tsu asked. I nodded and we got into her car, driving all the way back. Now, what exactly was I going to do with this situation?