Chapter 18

Nadia's picture in the media. That's how she looks like

(Mature Content ⬇)

Hakeem's POV

Since the last time we kissed which was precisely three days ago, Aisha and I have not had an alone time. Either that or she's intentionally avoiding me. I've been trying to talk to her but since then I haven't slept over at Nadia's. I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick. I'd text her but she would say she's alright.

Did she regret it? I kept asking myself that question. She didn't seem to regret it on that day. She even said she won't even stop me if I tried to kiss her again. Women are very confusing sometimes. One minute they are into you, the other minute they are avoiding you.

It was very frustrating.

Now we were at Nadia's, again. It was a very hot Saturday afternoon so we decided to go down to the pool and take a swim. Nadia and Lola were already taking laps in the water before I came. I saw Aisha putting an over sized shirt over her one piece swim suit, she just sat on the beach chair and hugged herself.

"Hey..." I went to stand beside her. She looked up at me and gave me a small smile, then she not so subtly accessed me from head to toe.

I wasn't exactly interested in swimming so I just wore an armless vest and boxer shorts. My muscles were not exactly hidden so I could relate to why she was looking at me like I was snack. I smirked to myself. I was about to ask her why she wasn't swimming when Nadia screamed from the water.

"You guys should really come and take a swim. The water feels great. It helps fight against this horribly hot Lagos sun." Nadia said.

Maybe I should take a swim. I started to pull my vest over my head.

Abi you just want to show Aisha your moves. My subconscious mocked me and and I chuckled. I completely pulled my vest over my shirt and then screamed.

"Cannonball!" Before diving Into the seven feet deep pool, Nadia and Lola hailing me.

After a minute, I resurfaced and looked at Aisha. She just hugged herself closer and looked away. I frowned, wondering what was wrong with her but my train of thought was interrupted when Nadia and Lola began splashing water behind me.

Kids.

"Aisha, come on." I called to her she shook her head, looking away from me. Nadia stopped playing and yelled over my shoulder.

"You are really missing, honestly. Come and take a swim." She said.

"I'm not interested." Aisha muttered but it was loud enough for them to hear.

"How can you not be interested. Loosen up a bit or are you scared of the water?" Lola teased and Nadia laughed.

"I said I'm not interested. Can you just leave me alone!" Aisha snapped and immediately there was a pin drop silence. I looked at her and saw that her eyes brimmed with tears.

"Aisha..."

"I'm going in." She muttered, stood up and ran inside.

"Did I say anything bad?" Lola asked, feeling guilty for whatever reason.

"I'll be right back." I effortlessly got out of the pool and went after her.

****

I made it to her room before she could lock the door and pushed the door open. She was standing by the mirror, leaning her hand on the table. She didn't look back but she knew I was in the room.