Chapter 21

Aisha's POV

About a hour later, the car drove into Emeka's compound. I got down without batting an eye lid. I didn't want him seeing how scared and nervous I was on the inside so I put up a pretty good facade.

"Welcome home." Emeka hollered and I hissed.

"This is not my home." I stated and watched to the boot of the car.

One of the body guards that had been in the car with us was already there, opening the boot to get my bag. When he took it in his hands, I snatched the bag from him fiercely.

"I have hands, thank you very much." I snapped at him and started to walk towards the house. I could feel Emeka following me behind. I got into the house and started to make my way to the bed room but Emeka stopped me.

"No, no, no." He chuckled and I turned to look at him. "You will have your own room from now on. I rolled my eyes.

"Why am I not surprised." I smirked sarcastically and turned around to move to the guest room. He still followed me behind and closed the door behind him when he came in. I turned around and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you mind? I need my privacy." I told him. He moved closer to me and assessed me, a lopsided grin sitting on his lips

"Where were you staying?" He asked me and I scoffed.

"Why do you care?" I shrugged nonchalantly.

"You ran away from home, Aisha..." He started but I cut him.

"You expected me to stay and allow you kill me before we even get married. No thank you, Emeka. I'll pass." I replied. Emeka shook his head, the smile still on his lips but there was nothing funny about the situation.

"I am you fiance and you are accountable to me..." He started again but I cut him off. Raising up my engagement ring finger that fortunately happened to me by fuck you finger.

"Ex fiancé. I threw your ring away. I'm done with you. The only reason I'm here with you is because we had a deal." I replied him, my eyebrows raised.

"You threw away a thirty four caret diamond ring away? Are you mad?!" He enclosed on me but I stood my ground, shrugging.

"I didn't think you'd be concerned, you know, since you are going to get my gold." I deadpanned and his eyes widened.

Fool.

"How did you know?" He muttered, his voice low in rage, rage that was filled with the fact that even if he wanted to, he couldn't touch me. I laughed.

"What? You didn't think I'd find out. Emeka, you are not as subtle as you think." I winked. He clenched and unclenched his fist angrily.

"Give me your phone. Now!" He snapped and I handed my phone over to him. I had a back up ear bud I could use to communicate with the others.

"You are being too confident. I need to clip your wings." He growled out. I shrugged.

"Well, it's expected that my attitude is strange to you. I've lived in fear for you all through our excuse of a relationship. Not anymore, I don't belong to you and I'm not scared of you anymore." I replied.

He was watching me, his eyes skeptical. His gaze calculating. He looked at my bag and walked towards it. I put up a strong face even though I was nervous inside. That was where everything I needed to execute the plan was. He opened the bag and began to search through, bringing out the cloth. I had kept the powder compact in a secret compartment in the bag, an extra space under the leather. Thankfully, He didn't seen anything. He groaned in frustration. I heaved a sigh of relief.