Chapter 28

Aisha's POV

By the time I got to his private room, it had already been crowded by basically everyone so I just stood by the door, watching, tears welling up in my eyes. Almost all women present were crying.

I watched as the love of my life looked pale. He had lost of lot of blood, obviously and though his dad had already donated a pint of blood to him, it would take time for him to regain his colour and get healthy.

He was shirtless and had a bandage wrapped around his middle. I couldn't help but feel it was my fault. He took a bullet for me. Never in a million years would I have thought that anyone would take a bullet for me. Let alone him.

"Aisha." It was Lola that called, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see everyone had cleared the way for him, so he could see me clearly. My eyes met his and he mustered a weak smile. I let out a sob and smiled at the same time.

"Hey..." He muttered but I heard him. I raised my hand and gave a wave.

"Hi..." I chocked out and sniffed.

"We'll give you two some privacy." Jimmy said and they all filed out one by one until it was only two of us left. I still stood by the door. I didn't know if it was okay for me to come in, if he even wanted to see me.

"What are you doing standing there? Come here." Hakeem stretched he hand weakly and I sighed.

He wants to see me.

I ran into his embrace, bursting into tears. He sighed as he held me as tight as he could, stroking my disheveled hair slowly, whispering sweet nothing to my hair. I made to tighten my hand around his middle only for him to groan. I jerked away immediately only to see his face contoured into a painful expression.

"Oh my God. Are you okay?! I'm so sorry. I should call Nad..." I was rambling trying to stand up only for him to grab my hand and pull me back, pressing his lips against mine. A satisfied sigh escaped my lips as I parted my lips and kissed him back.

He brought his hand to my face and wove his finger through my hair as our lips moved lazily though in sync against each other. I placed my hand on his shoulder and tugged his lower lip with my teeth, earning a throaty groan from him. I can't believe I almost lost him. The thought alone brought tears to her eyes.

It took a while before he pulled back, touching his forehead to mine. I took a drag of breath and inhaled. My eyes were closed and I could feel him looking at me. He caressed my face daintily, the soft scrap of his fingers on my skin brought a sweet sensational feeling running down my spine, tears dropping in bead from my eyes.

"Look at me, Aisha." He muttered and I opened my eyes to meet his. His orbs were filled with so many emotions, I felt more tears well up in my eyes. He brought his second hand to my face and cupped it, using his thumb to clean my tears slowly.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He asked, his voice low. I leaned into his touch, gathering all my scattered thoughts.

"I'm... I'm just so happy you are alright." I sniffed and rubbing my running nose. "I just don't know what I'd have done if something worse had happened to you. This is all my fault. I brought all this upon you and I am so sorr...." He placed a finger on my lips, shutting me up but that didn't stop my tears.

"Don't you dare apologize because you don't owe me anything. I chose to be with you and me choosing you means I have to choose everything that comes with you, the good and bad. I chose to take a bullet for you. I chose to risk my life to save you, not caring if I had to die to keep you safe." He cupped my face again and cleaned the excess tears on my face and I smiled at the simple yet heartfelt gesture.