Chapter 30

Aisha's POV.

Due to the fact that Hakeem stayed in a cold shower for a long time, he caught a cold and has been down ever since so I had to stay back with him. Nadia has dropped by to treat him and gave me his drug with prescriptions. Till now he hasn't told me why he broke down he like that and I didn't ask. I wanted him to tell me at his own convenience.

At the moment, he was all curled up in a ball in his room and I was in his kitchen, making him pepper soup. As soon as I was done, I dished it out in a bowl. Then I took a bottle of cold water and placed his medicine along side with the pepper soup and bottle water on the tray before carrying it and taking it to him.

I entered his room and closed the door behind me. Sure enough, he was curled up in a ball, the duvet covering him up. I placed the tray on the bed side table and sat on the bed to wake him up.

"Hakeem, baby. Wake up. You need to eat and take your drug." I cooed softly. He stirred and moaned, curling up to me and placing his head on my lap. I chuckled, playing with his hair.

"I don't want to eat." He mumbled, curling up to me again. I sighed.

"You know you have to. You need to use your drug." I tried to persuade him.

"I want to cuddle." He mumbled again and I smiled. Since his fever started, he's been a huge man child and it's very cute and adorable.

"Okay, I promise when you are done with your food, I'd cuddle you." I said. He opened his eyes  and peered at me through lazy eyes.

"Promise?" He asked and I smiled.

"Cross my heart. Come on, sit up." I helped him sit up and I propped his back with two pillows. He was only in sweat pants, his upper trunk bear. I took the tray and gave it to him, taking the water and medicine off it.

"Pepper soup?" He looked at me and I nodded. "You are certainly my Angel." He smiled and I looked away shyly, shamelessly blushing. He took the spoon, stirred the soup before taking a scoop, with a piece of meat that I had diced into the soup and took it into his mouth. A satisfied moan followed after.

"You like it?" I asked him. He looked at me with a pleased expression.

"This is so delicious." He said, sniffing due to his clogged nostrils. "I love you so much." He looked at me lovingly.

"I love you too." I smiled back. "Come on, eat up. Or you want me to feed you." I asked him.

"Yes please." He murmured, pouting and I laughed.

"You are such a big baby." I nudged him and he chuckled. I collected the plate from him and began to feed him, sometimes teasing him and taking part of his pepper soup.

"You are stealing my food." Hakeem whined and grumbled.

"I don't feed for free." I replied with a laugh. Soon he was done with his food. "How do you feel now?" I asked him.

"I feel a lot better. My nose isn't blocked anymore." He stated and I smiled. I gave him his drug and he took it. When he was done, I kept the remaining water and drug on the table, turned around and saw him watching me.

"What?" I asked him. He moved closer, looking at me intently.

"You never asked why I was trying to...why I did what I did in the bathroom, that day." He stuttered. I sighed.

"I didn't want to bother you, Hakeem. Whatever happened took a toll on you and I decided that I won't pressure you to tell me, unless you wanted to." I replied, looking at him. He took my hand in his and laced his fingers through mine.