Chapter 23

Third Person POV.

"Jimmy, we have a mole in this firm." Hakeem said. He stopped looking at the live feed since he'd still go home and watch the recorded one of his laptop.

"Tell something I don't already know Hakeem." Jimmy replied. Silence filled the atmosphere for a moment, followed by Jimmy's sigh.

"But who do you think can do this? Who has been with us since the beginning of this case? We can't just assume anyone." Jimmy stated and Hakeem nodded in agreement.

"You are right Jimmy, but don't you think someone that has been really antagonistic in this firm should be our first suspect?" He asked. Jimmy raised an eyebrow.

"Do you mean Ginika?" He asked and Hakeem shrugged.

"She seems to be the only one that comes to mind especially with the fact that she just threatened Aisha and I before leaving this office about fifteen minutes ago." Hakeem stated. Jimmy chuckled.

"Hakeem, you are one of the smartest people I know but sometimes you baffle me with the way you think..." Jimmy deadpanned and Hakeem frowned.

"Hey..." Hakeem started but Jimmy cut if off.

"I get you, I honestly do but we have to look at this thing holistically. Yes Ginika is a bitch, there is no news about that but she's not that much of a bitch." Jimmy stated matter-of-factly.

"We've known her since kindergarten, guy! She's one to have your back, our backs and she wouldn't jeopardize that because of mere jealously. Ginika has more class than to let jealousy ruin everything." Jimmy said and Hakeem sighed as he stroke his bearded chin, deep in thought.

"Besides," Jimmy continued. "She went on leave two months ago and she didn't fail to send us pictures of her swell time in Dubai. Apart from that, she wasn't a lawyer here yet when this case started, she was in Paris. There is absolutely no way she can be the mole if she's not even here. Except there is some device she must have kept to keep tabs on every one of our conversations." Jimmy shrugged.

Jimmy was right. Ginika might be a first class bitch but she wouldn't jeopardize this firm. But who could the mole be... Wait, a minute...

"Wait, did you say device?" Hakeem sat up. Jimmy furrowed his eyebrows, not grabbing immediately what Hakeem meant.

"Yes, what's the big idea..." Jimmy started but Hakeem immediately shushed him, indirectly telling him to keep quiet.

It has to be here.

Hakeem started searching under his table and his chair for something. Jimmy looked at him with a raised eyebrows, looking confused at the sudden disorientation of Hakeem.

"What the hell are you looking for?" Jimmy whispered-yelled. Hakeem ignored him and went on to check the curtains and several other secluded places in the office. He didn't find anything. He stood up straight and looked around.

"It's not here." He muttered.

"Can you tell me what we are looking for because you are confusing me." Jimmy stood up, looking more confused than ever. A lightbulb went on in Hakeem's head.

"The conference room." He shouted and raced to the conference room, Jimmy hot on his tail. Immediately he got to the conference room, he began to turn chairs over and search under the table.

"Hakeem!" Jimmy shouted.

"What?!" Hakeem replied, looking at him.

"What the fuck are we looking for?" Jimmy asked exasperated, throwing his hands up.