Chapter 03: Clarity

TWO GUARDS STOOD IN THE RIVERSIDE, they are both guarding the area where lotus seeds are plant healthily. The sky was dark and the wind brushed against their bodies - shivering in pleasure. The night was long as they stood and converse,

"Lotus Pier is having a banquet this evening, no?" the tall man whose tougher of all said as the man same height as him replied, "Indeed, Yunmeng Clan Leader Jiang Wanyi is having a meeting with different clans...oh! It will be very exciting!" he replied as the two chuckled in excitement.

A sudden sound of footsteps disturbed their conversation, "Who's there?!" the tall man exclaimed as he positioned his sword and his friend as well. He slowly walk towards the center of the riverside where couple of boats are attached.

He inspect the weird sound as he found nothing, he turn around and saw his friend's dead body with multiple cuts, "Xian!!" he exclaimed as he went to his friend's dead body as he wept when a sound of another footstep annoyed him. "Who the hell are you?! Show yourself!!" he exclaimed as his grip in his sword tighten.

He walk towards the riverside and saw the clear water in mostly black filled liquid. He gasped as a sudden splash startled him and a figure of an unknown thing grabbed the man and never heard the voice of him once again. The place became silent as the dead body is gone by the unknown black filled figure bringing it deep in the waters. The night is silent as the wind brushed against the floor, peaceful as usual.

"No liquor in Cloud Recesses, No fighting, Respect..." the sound of Lan Qiren's voice soothes Ashley as she felt sleepy. Shiyaaa now I understand why Wei Wuxian hates this class she thought to herself as a sudden bang in her table startled her and jolted in her sleepy state. "Listen Ms. Ying." Lan Qiren exclaimed as Ashley nodded in defeat, she realized Lan Wangji is not attending this class for he is somewhat not in his 15s anymore.

She looked around the sits and realized her seatmate far from her is none other than Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi, she squealed inside as she knew them in the series she watched. Shiyaaaa it's hard to fangirl in here she thought to herself as Lan Sizhui stared and smiled at her, while she smiled back - fan-girled in the inside.

After 4 hours of Lan Qiren's unending lecture about the Gusu Lan Sect Rules, Ashley walks alone towards the river side and stay for a while. She flashback the events the reason she is here in this time, she silently miss her family and friends...even school, but thankfully it's holiday so she had no problem when she came back...or if she came back.

The sound of water flowing soothes her and she can't resist but to pull out her flute and play a music she knew best, she watched the series about all of this event...but other than that...she experienced weird dreams in her childhood and keep seeing this man cloaked in white robes, she thought it's a fiction head of hers but she realized that her time in here has a reason...which she hope she ever had a role in this world she never really was in.

"I never knew you play great!" she startled and saw Lan Sizhui with his friend, Lan Jingyi walking towards her. "T-thanks." She replied as Lan Sizhui smiled. "I'm Lan Sizhui and this Lan Jingyi." Ashley smiled and replied,

"My name is Usagi...Usagi Ying." Lan Sizhui widen his eyes as they were not aware Lan Wangji walked behind and watched from afar. "Did you know your name translate as "rabbit" in Japanese?" Ashley widen her eyes in his response. Shiyaaa, he is so smart in real life she thought to herself as she nodded.

"Yeah...my mom loves rabbits." She replied when Lan Wangji came which to Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi's surprise. "HanGuang-Jun!" both exclaimed as both bowed. "What brings you here?" Lan Jingyi asked as he replied, "Master Lan Qiren needs you both." Both nodded as they about to walk as Ashley startled when Lan Wangji grabbed Ashley's hand much to Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi's shock.

"Except you." He replied as Ashley awkwardly nodded as Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi left. Ashley let go of his grasp and asked, "Is there something you want to say?" He stared as at her and replied, "Zewu Jun send me to accompany you." Ashley widen her eyes and replied, "What for?" he answered, "take a bath...we will go to Lotus Pier."

Lotus Pier? Shiyaaa...she thought to herself as she remember Jiang Chen, Wei Wuxian's brother and a friend lived in there. Her head ached suddenly as flashes of images of Jiang Chen appear in her mind, Lan Wangji widen his eyes when he saw Ashley's sudden hurt expression. "Usagi..." he said as she stared at him and replied,

"I'm fine...just take me to where I will bath and you can go." He turned and walk towards the room while Ashley followed him. The two walked reached the room without any conversation as silence filled the area, once reached the bathroom. Lan Wangji stop in his tracks and turn towards her,

"Here is the clothes Lan Xichen gave you...the bath is ready..." Ashley nodded as she walk towards the bathroom and closed the door. "Wow", she exclaimed as the bath is filled with rose petals and what it seemed a traditional soap placed beside. She silently took out her clothes and carefully placed herself in the bathtub.

She felt the relaxation as the water is warm, piercing her cold pale body. She let out a deep sigh as she closed her eyes and relax while talking to herself. "It seems, living in this time is not bad after all...I can actually live without any phones which is good...It seems Master Lan Qiren knew me...and I hope Lan Zhan will never found out...I'm just afraid that maybe they were wrong about me..." she talked to herself as she suddenly heard a voice,

"Usagi...are you done?" her eyes widen as she realized Lan Wangji is ouside of the bathroom! Shiyaaa!!!! He heard me...he freaking heard me!!!! She thought to herself as she endure her downfall. "Uh....errr...not yet." She replied as she saw Lan Wangji walk towards her.

"Shiya!! What are yo-"she covered her mouth knowing she said such modernized word for him to be curious. "Errrr...uhhh I mean...what are you doing here???" she received no reply as Lan Wangji continued to walk as he caress her wet hair much to her surprise.

"I-I knew..." he spoke as Ashley widen her eyes. What?!What does he mean? I remember that he is not good in hanging up when it comes to this... She thought to herself as she replied, "What do you mean?" Lan Wangji stop in his touch and knelled as he stared at her. "Ashley...I knew...you're not from here." He replied as Ashley widen her eyes in realization. "errrr you heard?" Lan Wangji turned his head and stared at her once more.

"I already knew when Uncle talked to me last night." He replied as Ashley widen her eyes, the two both stared long enough. Ashley having no idea of what is happening slip a word in her mouth - not aware of what she is doing, like her soul is controlling itself,

"Lan er-gege..." Lan Wangji's eyes widen as he finally hear the word he never heard for the past 5 years. His face leaned closer to hers while Ashley became confused in his movement, she splashed the water in front of him and replied, "Yes! I'm done! You can goooo..." Lan Wangji nodded as he left Ashley whose both cheeks are flushed in so much red.