Chapter 13: Beyond Time

"DO YOU THINK THAT THE STYGIAN TIGER AMULET OF THE YILING PATRIARCH STILL EXIST?" Lan Sizhui asked Lan Qiren as he scratch his beard. It's been a week since Ashley left their time and since no sign of her coming back. Lan Xichen pour some hot tea in a small cup and hand it to Lan Qiren, who nod in response and sip the cup calmly.

"Well, it is possible." Lan Xichen replied, Lan Sizhui felt discomfort as he sip the cup through his lips while Lan Xichen glanced outside, seeing Lan Wangji glancing across the clear blue skies. He can't help but feel worry about him, he saw Lan Wangji as aloof and calm person, no one can match his decency...but his expression and posture...he felt the difference of the old and present Lan Wangji.

"It's been a week since Ashley left...I am starting to worry..." Lan Sizhui said as Lan Qiren caught his attention,

"It is indeed true...I wonder what happen to her..." Lan Xichen replied as Lan Qiren shook his head and replied,

"In my opinion, perhaps she needs to balance her time between her time and ours...we cannot force her to come back anytime." Lan Xichen nodded and replied,

"I agree, Uncle...After all...we must not worry too much." Lan Sizhui unable to remain as blurred images came across his mind.

"Well then, I and Lan Wangji must continue the investigation in Lotus Pier." Lan Xichen stood and bowed towards Lan Qiren and Lan Sizhui.

"Well then, good luck to both of you." Lan Qiren replied.

Ashley's eyes both wide open, unable to remember what happened last night...she can smell the different atmosphere...and realized she is not in home anymore. Her vision is blurry, but when her vision became clearer...she realized she is wearing her pajamas. She became confused and tried to get up from her sleeping position, but failed when she glanced at her both hands and feet who's already tied tight in a rope.

She struggle and hopes it will be untied, but failed when a sound of footsteps startled her. A figure of a man appeared in front of her. The place is darker and she couldn't identify what on earth she was, the figure knelled down whose strands of hair covering his eyes. Ashley struggled and spoke, "Who are you?! What do you want from me?" exclaimed, the man lit up the strands of his hair.

Ashley widen her eyes as she recognize the man, he lit up her chin - staring at his dull black orbs. Ashley felt the sudden discomfort as the man she familiar with smirked, "What do you think what I want, Young Miss Wei Wuxian...or should I say...Ashley?" he asked as Ashley widen her eyes.

"You! What do you want? Spit it out!" she exclaimed as the man reached his hands towards her and replied, "Do you want some candy?" he asked as Ashley look away.

"You know I'm being kind today...your beauty says it all...who would thought the Yiling Patriarch's reincarnation could be such beautiful ...young maiden." He replied as he point his dagger towards her small chin.

"I am not playing games at you! Baka!" she exclaimed as the man smirked.

"I know...I know...not until I cut that stupid tongue of yours!" he exclaimed when another figure came towards them.

"W-what do you want...please...tell me what you want..." she plead as the man chuckled in amusement, silently pissing her off.

"Argh...you really are an idiot, Xue Yang!" she exclaimed as the man with the dagger appears to be the man who interrogated by Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan during the Wen Clan's rule in Nevernight.

He forcefully lift her chin towards him and hissed in annoyance, "You are from the future! You know what I want! Oh...don't tell me I'll repeating it to you?"

"All I want is your power to fix this..." he added as he lift the medium length pouch, Ashley felt a sudden sting or aura towards the pouch as she widen her eyes. It can't be... she thought to herself as the man, Xue Yang chuckled darkly.

She realized that this man is the one who preserve the already destroyed remains of Wei Wuxian's Stygian Tiger Amulet.