Chapter 37: Unravel

HIS EYES GAZED ON HER BROWN ORBS, Lan XiChen let out a deep sigh and silently calm himself. He doesn't want to make Ashley uncomfortable...now she returned in this time, he truly realized how he was deeply cared for her.

Yet, he doesn't want to confess what he really feel...because he still thinks that Ashley is suffering the state of heartache for his brother. But in this situation, since she asked...he had no choice but to answer her honestly.

"MIss Ashley, I honestly find you likable." he gulped after he replied and waited. And waited...He feels Ashley is in deep thought, he turned and face her.

He realized that Ashley's pale face is flushed in pinkish way as possible. Lan XiChen smiled softly towards her cute expression and kneel towards the tub to stare at her comfortably as possible. "Miss Ashley?" he called her.

Ashley on the other hand felt so much embarrassed, she never knew to the point that Lan XiChen would be like that. Her whole body trembled, Is this a sudden confession? she deeply thought.

"That's sweet, thanks." she replied, Ashley felt much didn't need much more awkward talking to Lan Wangji's brother who is 3 years older than her. To that, she silently gulped, "Miss Ashley...what I mean is that...I think I have feelings for you."

Three words, yet her heart pounding faster. Ashley's eyes widen when she heard her sudden confession, with the memories flooding back to her...she can't help but let out a deep sigh and remain calm.

She scratch her head awkwardly, with a cold shivering her whole body because of the bath, her head stay low and couldn't make up any words to say, Him?! H-He has feelings for me? but...how? she speak to her mind while she stared and realized ZeWu Jun is waiting for her reply, she stared deep in his eyes and can see many expressions he is hiding inside.

"ZeWu Jun...you do know that I have feelings for your brother, right?" she asked, she tried to sound formal as possible because if she is back in her time, she would likely curse at the top of her lungs and scream alone in her dorm.

He nodded, it seems she can see that he expect something more. Ashley knew ZeWu Jun is a very highly respected cultivator alongside with Lan Wangji, but she felt conflict rooting inside her, her heart is still in the process of moving on and letting things aside...but this man suddenly confessed to her, she get it that he is 3 years older than her...but the question is;

Is she ready to love and commit?

ZeWu Jun on the other hand felt melancholic all of the sudden, it seems he needs to take things slow. Now she is back and the stuff happening in different sects turns confusing, somehow, he thinks this is a wrong timing to confess his feelings for her. He stared at her with such longing eye and his desire began to dominate his innocent mind, he wanted to taste her lips and express how he really felt...not by words but with action.

He grew up cultivating alone, with his brother Wangji prefer to be alone most of the times, and his age is a good spot to meet many woman in different bloodline to choose as his wife, he resist the nature in experiencing human desires for many 16 years passed, at first, when he found Ashley in the state of concussion in the entrance of Cloud Recesses, he found himself silently fascinated by her.

Not that she is different from all the woman he met in the past, but somehow he felt something special about her...he feels deep down that he wanted to protect her at all cost. When he found out she is in love with Wangji, he silently spent 6 years saddened over the fact that he had no chance to tell her his feelings.

So he kept it as he cannot vent out the loudest silence of his inner feelings.

But when she returned, oh she never know how he is happy to see her now. He accept the fact her feelings are the same, and he committed himself to protect her instead for his brother. Now Wei WuXian returned and Ashley experienced her heartache, he found a new door of opportunity to express his feelings for her or rather try to pursue her.