Chapter 40: Truth Untold

NIE HUAISANG WENT TO THE LAKE very early, after a rest that he find worth for, he became so excited to do his task with Jiang Cheng and Miss Wen Qing. However, he is very nervous that he fanned himself to hide his panic state. Luckily, Ashley is there to comfort and ease his worries. It was morning in Cloud Recesses and a day since Wei WuXian, Lan Wangji and the rest of the junior cultivators went to Yi City to find Xue Yang.

Ashley on the other hand woke up very early. After their last night's intimacy, she began to feel comfortable around him. Of course, XiChen didn't take her virginity because they both knew how fast their relationship be. It is very unpleasant to fast pace things right?

So they spend the night kissing and caressing each other to elevate their mood. When she woke up, XiChen is already gone which she understand because of his role to lecture the young cultivators when Shufu isn't around.

She went to the lake only to find Huaisang staring at the clear blue sky, a smile stretch upon her cheeks and exclaimed, "Hey!" Huaisang suddenly gasp when he saw Miss Ashley walking towards him. He fanned himself in embarrassment, "M-Miss Ashley...I see you awake early..." he replied.

Ashley smiled in response, "Well...I kinda like to go outside and see this lake again...its been a while since I went in here..." she let out a deep sigh as she sat down beside the  shore, staring at the lake in awe. Huaisang agreely nod and stared as well.

He plays his both fingers before he spoke, "Err...i-i want to ask something..."

She stared at him, "Hm?" she asked.

His face stared at the ground, silently come up with a question he longingly wanted to ask, "Why did you trust me?" he stared at her.

Ashley began to realize what he meant, but she wanted to hear it from him. So she act dumbfounded, "Hm...what do you mean?" she replied.

Nie Huaisang looked at her awkwardly, "I-I mean...you can be angry at me...because of what I will do...you deeply know that underneath this mask I am portraying lies a demon urging inside...trying to crawl through the surface to reveal its true intentions..."

"Oh?" she raise an eyebrow and suddenly let out a soft chuckle which to his confusion, her chuckles echoed the silent scenery.

Ashley patted his shoulder, "Huaisang, remember this, every person has a reason why they chose a different path...either it's good or bad, all of that had a reason...I understand how much you wanted to avenge your brother's death. But trust me, this plan I had...he is included, okay?" Huaisang smiles at her.

"T-Thank you...I...I never had someone to talk to since my brother died...I am alone ever since I became the leader of my sect...this conversation help me a lot..." he replied. Ashley stretch a soft smile across her lips and her heart melted through his words, "Awww!" she patted his head, "You know, you can tell me everything if you like...okay? You don't need to be alone anymore..." she replied.

Huaisang smiled, "Y-Yes! I will!" he stand up and cheerfully bow towards her, "Thank you, Miss Ashley!" he spoke. She chuckled in response, "Aiya! your older than me! I should be the one to bow and thanked you!" she replied. Huaisang stretch an awkward smile, "Well...seems you and ZeWu Jun are a couple. I consider you as the same."

She blushed in embarrassment, "O-Okay..." she chuckle awkwardly. Huaisang bowed once more before he walk back towards his room to rest again. His weird habits never changed except his brain...somehow.

Ashley let out a deep sigh and stared at the river, reflecting on what she just said to Nie gonzi, "Hmm..." she sighed, "So...this is how I am in this world eh? When will a time where my days in here would end...when I return in my time...what am I going to do?" she asked herself.