"Punishment"

A/N: this was my first time writing ( I was very young ) so don't be too annoyed at the awful writing in the first two chapters or so 😂❤️. Also, slight TW as some things may hint at some sensitive subjects.

Harry's stomach groaned, it had been a whole day and he still wasn't given any food;or any of the last night scraps!
"No, no, no! Shut up please! They might somehow hear me!" He complained quietly in fear. The last thing Harry needed was an other one of his Uncle's 'punishments'. Ugh, just the thought of them made him shiver!

Slowly, he looked over to his feathery-friend , Hedwig. Giving her a sheepish but genuine smile, he mumbled,
"I'm sorry Hed... I promise everything will be alright one day, I'm sure Dumbledore will help us one of these summers, we just have to wait!" Although, he himself was losing hope.

As 6pm rolled around, He heard a bang on his door which was then followed by his aunt's shrilling voice.
"Come on freak! Open the door before I get Vernon to take it down!"

Not wasting a second, Harry dashed to the door - ignoring the pain his muscles were throwing at him.
"Hold on a minute Aun- I-I mean ma'am!" He managed to choke out in anxiety . As his door opened, he could see his 'dinner' laying in the dog bowl (that they only specifically used for him) limply laying in Petunia's hand.

After minutes of awkward silence and Harry not daring to touch the bowl without permission, the woman finally whispered through gritted teeth "What.. did... you .. nearly .. call ..me?!"
"I-I beg your pardon m-ma'am..?" He replied- knowing to well where this was going.
"VERNON!!!" She screeched so loud that Harry thought calling her a Mandrake was an understatement.

As if he used magic, the old fat man appeared in front of the door almost immediately with a dark grin spreading on his face. "Yes dear?" He asked looking up at his so-called 'beautiful' wife.

"This twig nearly dared to call me his AUNTIE!" She cried out in anger while pointing a long, bony finger at Harry - who was growing more and more despaired by the second.
"Ah, leave him to me darling, I know what to do." He snickered.
"N-No, ma'am! I-I" Harry tried to plead but was cut off by a huge growl coming from his Uncle.

With a satisfied smile, Petuna slowly walked back upstairs and Harry was almost sure he heard her squeak in delight once she could no longer be seen by the others.

"Now then boy," His uncle spoke up, "How about a little punishment? But this time I'll use my fists, I'm feeling too generous to give you the punishment you got yesterday!" He laughed while his hands rubbed together. Harry sighed, this was going to be a long night.

A/N: I apologise for the rather short chapter and no drarry being included just yet - but bear with me, I've only just started writing 😂💓, tell me how you think I could improve this story! But for now, goodbye! ❤️❤️