Destined Mates?

A/N: do people seriously like this story- 🗿

*Time skip: Draco's 16th birthday*
*Place: Malfoy Manor, Draco's room*

*Draco's POV..?*

It burnt. That's all he could think of. The damn lava-burning feeling in his back. He'd found out the day prior ( once him and his father had gotten home ) that he would be receiving his ' Veela inheritance' on his 16th birthday. So there he laid on his bed, tear stained face and shirt, muffling his cries of pain into his silk pillow. Salazar's sake, why couldn't his father have at least WARNED him about the pain? It would of definitely prepared him a tiny bit! Instead all he got was 'think of Harry'

waitttt ,

Harry
Harry
Harry
HIS Harry?

The pain started to ease at the words.

What in the Salazar's sake is going on? It's like his name just... clears patches of the burns and allows Draco to actually breath properly once again..? He'll just ask Father about this once it's over. Stiffly, he moved his head and cast a tempus spell with a flick of his wand.

Only a few more minutes left and it'll all be over.

Draco sighed, although he soon regretted it as the air left his lungs and wouldn't come back in. He started coughing uncontrollably until a similar voice called from behind him.

"Oh my sweet Dragon!"

Mother? Impossible, she had to attend a Mistry Party for Dad. She can't be back yet!

"M-Mother?" His voice was strained and quiet- almost a whisper.
"I'm here darling, don't worry, it'll be over soon." She felt her delicate hands rub his shoulder in a soothing pattern. Suddenly, a purr escaped Draco's lips. Great! Now I'll even PURR! He thought to himself whilst rolling his eyes. His mother chuckled and looked at him in the eyes as he rolled onto his back as an attempt to cool the burning.

"It'll be ok Dragon, you only have to go through this for two more minutes" She whispered, mainly to herself rather than Draco.

HPDMHPDMHPDMHPDM

The two minutes had felt like hours but soon Draco had found the pain to vanish into thin air.
"Mother? Father ?" He called slowly rising from his bed, "A-Are you there?" Shit , he stuttered! Everyone knows that Malfoy's never stutter or show any type of weak emotions....that is until they close the doors and take off their masks.
"We're over here darling," His mother waved with a warm smile from a sofa chair in the right corner of Draco's room, "Is the pain gone now? Would you like something to peck on?"
"No, no, I'm fine - I just feel.. weird?" He shook his head - what now? What was he supposed to do?
"You must be very confused, Dragon," he heard his Father call from the chair next to his wife, "There's a book on your bedside table that'll explain everything."

And with that they left .

"Great!" He muttered as he reached for the book. It looked rather ancient and bruised. Slowly, he opened the first page and began reading, just 456 more pages to go...

HPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHP

*Harry's POV*

Harry couldn't sleep, merlin knows how many times he's tried. Usually it would be due to his consistent nightmares but this time it was different, it felt like someone close to him was being hurt. He'll just have to hope that this feeling isn't predicting the morning's future.

*Time skip Two Hours ;>*

It stopped. The feeling inside him stopped. You'd usually find that to be a bad sign - as did Harry, until he closed his eyes and found a pair of beautiful angelic wings right before him. They wrapped themselves around him and soothed him into a dreamless sleep...

HPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHP

*Time: Next Morning, leaving for Hogwarts, at the train station - Draco's POV*

"Goodbye Father, Mother" He said, obviously using his Malfoy Mask. He briefly hugged them and was about to go onto the train until he felt his father's hand on his shoulder and spin him around.
"Draco, remember to try to find your mate, Dumbledore and the professors already know about your current situation and have provided you your own quarters - alright?"
"But father, how will I find my room? And what if my mate isn't at hogwarts?!" He whispered the last part in disbelief.
"Your godfather will greet you at the entrance hall and show you where to go after the feast and ceremony. As for your mate, it doesn't matter much- you'll just feel a bit more dull than usual." He confirmed in a cold voice as he realised that his mask might drop if this conversation continues. He hurried Draco off onto the train and nearly smiled as he saw him get greeted by Ron and Harry - who had a tint of blush spread across his cheeks.

HPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHPDMHP
*Everyone has arrived at Hogwarts and Draco, Ron, Harry and Hermione are currently in a carriage*

"Sooo... when did THIS happen?" Hermione squealed to Harry as she saw Ron and Draco actually talking to each other without any mean comments coming out of their mouths. Harry just shrugs, "I don't know, Draco's family came over a few days before we left for Hogwarts and now they're actually getting along!"
"We can hear you, Potter." Draco teased as he modestly looked towards Harry, who immediately looked away clearly flustered. Hermione yanked Ron by the arm and whispered into his ear, "Are those lovebirds together or what??" ... and so Ron explained the whole 'Breakdown Moment' for the rest of the ride and earned a couple of slaps from a tomato-faced Harry along the way.

As for Draco, he knew that his mate was definitely Harry, he smelt his scent the moment him and Ron greeted him on the train. Obviously, he wasn't going to tell him yet. But he'll definitely tell Snape as soon as they get to Draco's room. Thank Salazar that it was Harry and not some horny-two-faced bloke like Nott.

Anyways...

Throughout the little storytelling time, both boys interlocked hands without noticing or caring - and this time even Ron was smart enough to not make a comment on it , how bizzarre indeed.

A/N: ahem, ahem, fluff is on it's way- meanwhile, EVERYONE GET READY TO BOARD THE GAY TRAIN - ALL ABOARD CHOO CHOO