you can't sleep

You huffed as you flopped back onto your side.

You've been trying to fall asleep for the past two hours but you can't seem to fall asleep no matter what. You're getting frustrated and losing hope.

You sat up and pulled at your hair before resting your chin on your knee. You're already mentally preparing yourself for how you're gonna get through the day tomorrow.

You looked next to you to find Dove still sound asleep.

You figured there was no point in laying in bed if you couldn't sleep; it'll only make you more frustrated and worrisome. So you kicked the blankets off and went to the edge of the bed.

You planned on going downstairs for some water but a hand latched onto your wrist and stopped you from getting up.

"Dove? Why are you awake?" You asked as you looked back at your still half-asleep girlfriend.

She groaned and sat up. Her eyelids still felt heavy as she knuckles them to open them enough to see your face. "Why are you awake? It's only two in the morning."

You sighed heavily.

"I know. I'm sorry, I just can't sleep. I was just gonna go get some water."

Dove shook her head and patted the space beside her. You laid back down and she pressed her forehead to yours. You could tell she was fighting the sleep her body craved so much just to stay awake with you.

"Just lay with me. I'm here. You'll fall asleep soon, I promise." She pressed a kiss to your forehead before nudging your skin with her nose.

"Want me to sing to you?" You couldn't hold back the smile on your face. You nodded your head in response. "Okay. Close your eyes,"

You did as she said as soon heard her soft yet beautiful voice fill the room. She also played with your hair as she sang to you, knowing it brought you comfort.

You felt yourself falling asleep. You intertwined your fingers with hers and sighed as you slowly drifted off to sleep.

Dove smiled a moment later when she knew you were fast asleep. She smiled sleepily and kissed your cheek. "Goodnight, y/n. Sweet dreams, my love." She whispered as she fell back asleep beside you.