you're sick

Dove rubbed your stomach as you laid in bed together. With her arms wrapped loosely around you and her fingers just barely brushing over your achy stomach, she hoped that it would bring you some relief to the terrible sickness you've got it, but it seemed that the more time that passed the worse you seemed to feel.

You groaned in agony, pushing her fingers away from your stomach went it flipped. Sweat beaded down your forehead and as Dove laid her hand against it she could feel that your fever had gotten higher, your skin much warmer than before.

"Oh, my poor baby." She cooed as she tucked a strand of hair behind your ear so it wouldn't stick to your sweaty skin. She went to rub your back but you were pulling out of her arms and rushing out of bed and into the bathroom. Dove jumped up at the sound of you throwing up and her heart broke upon seeing the way you trembled when she raced into the bathroom.

She knelt behind you and let her hand brush softly along your back and shoulders. They shook as you continued to empty your stomach which felt worse now than it did before. "It's alright, y/n. I'm here, I'm right here with you. Just let it out, baby." She soothed, holding back your hair with one hand while bringing you comfort by rubbing your back with the other.

When you finished, she let you have a moment to catch your breath. She laid little kisses to your warm shoulder blades and the back of your neck, trying to calm you down. "You okay? Do you feel any better?"

You shrugged your shoulders and wiped your clammy forehead with the palm of your hand. "I don't know. I think so." Dove let a breath of relief rush past her lips. She hated seeing you so sick and feeling so horrible, so knowing you were feeling a little better made her a little less anxious.

"Okay. Just catch your breath, it's alright." She whispered and stood up to grab a hair tie to pull your hair back for you. "Maybe I should've grabbed this earlier," she joked, trying to ease your nerves. As she tied your hair back for you she heard a weak chuckle fall from your lips.

"I love you. Thanks for being here with me." You said, your heart skipping a beat as she leaned in to plant a lingering kiss to your forehead.

"Anytime. I'm not gonna go anywhere. I'll be here to take care of you till you get better." She promised you, with a small smile on her face. "Wanna brush your teeth? Rid that gross taste from your mouth? I'll hold you if you want me to."

You nodded and stood up on your legs. They felt like jelly and if it weren't for Dove wrapping an arm around your hip to hold you steady, you probably would've fallen.

She made sure her grip on you wasn't tight, just in case your stomach felt funny still. But she let you know she was there by keeping you in her arms and nuzzling her nose in your hair, leaving little kisses on your shoulder while you brushed your teeth and tongue to get the taste out of your mouth.

You put your toothbrush back in the holder and rinsed your mouth out with some water. A bead of water ran down your chin but Dove wiped it away with her thumb then kissed your cheek softly. "Let's get you back to bed." She said and let you lean on her as you made your way back to bed.

She covered you with your blanket when a sudden chill went down your spine. She moved the empty trash can closer to you, just in case you needed it. She gave you a soft kiss on your temple before she stood up and went to get you some water.

"Here, baby girl, take a couple of sips of this." She said softly, brushing a lock of hair that slid out of your messy bun right behind your ear with a soft kiss to follow.

She held the glass for you while you took a few slow sips of the water. The cold liquid felt good against your sore throat causing a tiny hum to fall from your lips before you fell back onto the bed.

Dove put the water on your nightstand and climbed back onto her side of the bed. She brushed the tips of your fingers along your arm and hugged you close to her. "Anything you need?" She asked.

"Can you rub my stomach?"

She let her fingers travel to your stomach, pushing the fabric of your shirt up before she came into contact with your warm skin. You closed your eyes, finally starting to relax as the color returned to your face. "I love you. Get some sleep. I'll be right here if you need anything." She whispered in your ear.

"I know you will," you said, feeling thankful that during this terrible sickness you had her there by your side. She was your comfort; always.

"I love you too." You whispered before you finally fell asleep while Dove continued to rub your stomach for you in hopes that you'd start to feel a little better soon.