late-night conversations about the future (requested)

You stood on the balcony, looking out at the city lights. The moon was low in the sky, creating a beautiful glow. The ring on your finger was shining so beautifully, making your heart swell with love and joy every time it caught your eye.

It was late but you couldn't sleep. Dove had proposed last night and you still feel like you're on cloud nine. You've been so happy you can hardly sleep. Your mind just wanders, leaving you wondering what all the future holds for you two.

You felt an arm wrap around you but you didn't jump, you just leaned into the warm and familiar touch. You knew it was Dove, your now-fiancee. "Having trouble sleeping again?" You nodded then felt her bury her face in your neck.

"You're so soft." She said, brushing her thumb across your stomach.

You stood there in comfortable silence, just listening to the crickets chirp as she held you close to her. "I wonder what the future will be like." Dove let out a chuckle and kissed your shoulder. "What do you see?"

"well, obviously you." She smiled at you, then continued. "I don't know. I hope to keep pursuing music and maybe some acting, among other things. But outside of my career, I see you. I see us in a beautiful home, one that has a huge back yard. In a place where it's quiet and peaceful and we're happiest. I haven't really given too much thought about anything past that, though. Only a little here and there. How about you? What do you see? What do you want"

You put your head back on her shoulder and tilted your head to look up at her. "I see myself falling more and more in love with you every single day." You smiled making her do the same. "I don't know. I just wonder what'll be like. The future used to scare me but lately, the thought of it only seems to bring me excitement and joy."

She gently swayed your bodies from side to side in a comforting manner. "It's gonna be everything we want it to be. I don't care about anything as long as we have each other. Kids, dogs, whatever - I just wanna be with you."

"I can't wait."

She kissed your forehead and sighed contently as she hugged you. "Me neither, baby. In time, we'll have all of this and more. I promise. I'll give you the world."

She took your hand and started to pull you back inside. "Come on, let's get some sleep."

You climbed back into bed and this time you ended falling asleep pretty quickly, dreaming about all the things Dove mentioned your future was gonna hold and more.