death

war was scary.

maeve potter had learned this the hard way, by actually being involved in a war.

it was the second of may 1998 and she was dodging through spells of green. luckily for her, no one had managed to kill her yet.

she said yet because she was the person that the death eaters wanted to kill the most. she was harry potter's older sister so they blamed her for the first death of their master even though she had nothing to do with it.

war was scary.

not only was she worried about herself, she knew that all of her family was fighting.

harry. ginny. hermione. ron. remus. george. fred.

she had no clue if they were ok or if they were dead.

this war was going to end with harry dead or voldemort dead and she could only pray that it was the latter.

war was scary.

fred dying would be the death of her. she would never bounce back, not having the best part of her by her side.

eventually her, fred, george, harry and ron were in the same part of the battleground.

suddenly, percy weasley shows up and battled the minister of magic, "did i mention, minister, that i'm resigning?"

"was that a joke, percy?" fred asked incredulously, "i haven't heard you joke since-"

war was scary.

a bang sounded from next to maeve and the wall they had all been standing in front of crashed down.

war was scary.

her eyes darted around, checking that everyone was ok.

percy was fine.

george was fine.

ron was fine.

harry was fine.

fred was-

fred was under the rubble.

her heartbeat sped up as her and george ripped the pieces of broken wall off of were fred had been standing.

fred was not breathing.

fred was not fine.

war was scary.

the world stood still for minutes until the weasley brothers started yelling and crying. maeve was still too shocked to move, too distraught to recognise that anything had happened.

she felt a hand on her shoulder- harry was next to her.

she heard words but couldn't make out what they said. she stared down at the love of her life's face, hoping that he would open his eyes.

war was scary.

"fred.." she mumbled.

"fred.." she shrieked.

time went fast all of a sudden and she was on the floor by his side, screeching at someone to help her.

suddenly a break was called for by voldemort, a break in which her brother would be going to sacrifice himself.

george and percy carried her boyfriends body to the great hall.

other bodies laid there as well, and whilst she was going to find someone- anyone that could comfort her, maybe eddie, she saw another familiar body.

remus.

war was scary.

remus who raised her, remus who taught her, remus how had a new brown son was dead. gone all of a sudden. next to him laid his wife, nymphadora was tonks.

for the second time that day, maeve's world came crashing down around her.

she laid on the floor, hugging her knees and wishing for the pain to go away.

war was scary. too scary for maeve potter.