Prologue

The marriage contract laid on the table, your eyes staring at it, reading every word intently. It wasn't a surprise to see yourself in debt, but to see yourself in the position in which you'd be sent off to a middle-aged rich man was beyond what you anticipated from the Momobami. You could feel her cold blue-eyes watch your reaction like a hawk, wanting to know what else sent fear down your body.

As much as you are to be blamed, you also felt betrayed.

"Kirari?" You pushed the documents back, standing up from the chair. "Do you find this amusing?"

She cocked an eyebrow at your aggression. "What do you mean, L/N?" Your eye twitched. "You didn't believe someone like you could ever consider yourself to be a true Momobami?"

"I didn't want your name. I wanted your love." You snarled. "What shit is this?!"

She grabbed the collar of your neck, pulling you, your body stretching over the table, your toes stopping you from completely falling over. Your heart jumped, breath caught in your throat. She stared deeply into your eyes. "You are just a pawn. This plan is worth more than a simple kiss."

Your eyes widened, she kissed your lips before pushing you away. Her blue-eyes glowing, you couldn't understand how, you always excused it due to the moonlight. But here, it sends fear down you, more than anything.

"Don't take it personally." You turned your head to Midari, who locked arms around your waist. "She's always like that. . . Well, maybe not to Sayaka."

Your eyes dulled. "Sa. . . Sayaka? What a lucky girl."

Midari shrugged as she dropped you outside the council doors. "Never cared. Maybe you should take that advice, but who knows."

You watched as the door closed, you bit your lip, holding the mittens badge around your neck before yanking it off. You crushed the badge, tears falling down your face. "Damnit, Momobami." You dropped the badge, walking off.

You hated yourself. You hated her. But no matter what, you seemed to always fall back into her embrace the second she opened her mouth.

---

Edited: February 24th, 2022

Final Edit: August 15th, 2022

Words: 355