Sturdy [1]

The room of where you used to dream about the president was destroyed with haunting memories of her laughter. You couldn't believe her, but deep down, it felt exactly genuine to her typical sadistic nature. Her condescending presence that slowly made you exhausted, but you didn't notice, she cared for you everyday. Her touch, it was warm and electric that it caused innocent sense of butterflies in your stomach.

It seemed that being her pawn into whatever charade she was pulling was still unknown to you. That didn't all matter that much when your existence to the whole school was gone. You used to be feared--it was relatively amusing as you had no record of being the same intimidating person such as a Momobami. You could walk down the hall and all they'll see you is a pathetic person in debt to the biggest face in the school.

You felt the water fall down your face, the liquid dripping onto your clothes. You bit your lip, your grip tight on the chair.

"Ahaha!" The boy chuckled with the rest of the people in the room.

You were a desperate mess in this afternoon gambling room, but you weren't the same. You were close to your breaking point.

"Might as well call me Master!" He licked his lips, turning your chin to the table. "You don't even have a coin to your name and here you are." You jerked yourself from his grip. "Tch."

It wasn't all fun when you couldn't move an itch without being mocked and aggressively attacked due to the tag around your neck. You recalled to yourself taking it off when you had last visited Kirari, but that was months ago-- Sayaka loved replacing them for you.

"L/N?"

You flinched. "Uh..."

She stared at you with those dull eyes. "The President wishes to speak to you."

"What?"

"Come along."

---

You made eye-contact with her eyes, the voices from the past, the soft nothings in your ear, it came back. You felt dizzy at the sight of her.

"Y/N L/N, welcome."

Did she forget what she's done?

"Take a seat. Tea is fresh if you wish to dine."

She's crazy to think you'd sit to listen to her manipulative bickering.

You began to back up, but you felt the two tiny sharp metal ends of Sayaka's tazer pierce your back. You turned around seeing her cold glare as you hurriedly went to the sofa.

"You seem to be digging yourself deeper in debt. Not just me."

"Oh? I wonder who put me in this position to start with." You rolled your eyes. "Get on with it, Kirari, just spit out your fucking nonsense so I can leave!"

She set down her cup. "I apologize on how we left off. It wasn't my intention to cause such an inconvenience on your part." She looked over at Sayaka. "So, I've came to the conclusion, to repay your debt, you must work by my side. You do as I say, your marriage contract and debt will be ignored."

"What?"

You felt her finger ride up your neck, cupping your face. It felt still all felt the same. Following deep into her eyes, even with the time that is has been, you've been yearning for something--you only wish it wasn't the devil.

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes." You frowned after you said, seeing her eyes widen sightly. She won. She didn't do much, but she won.

"Good." She brought out a personalized tag, just for you. "No one will mess with you knowing who you belong to, L/N."

You felt your heart pound in your chest. You knew you messed up. She always got her way, she always finds a way to have you back into her arms.

Deep down you knew you enjoyed the game of cat and mouse.

It was history bound to repeat.

---

Edited: May 4th, 2022 (04/05/22)

Final Edit: August 28th, 2022

Words: 664

Overall words: 676