Sturdy [6]

"Quiet!" You shouted. "Look what you've done to me, Kirari! I'm a monster, a fucking monster - why did you do this to me!"

"I only placed the cherry on the disaster that would soon to bloom. I may be at fault of the hatred in your soul, but not the demons you hold."

"You really think I am that wicked? That I held onto my demons like a treasure -- a type of pleasure to my soul? The only devil here is those blue-eyes of yours taunting me every second -- looking right through me as if I was a ghost." You laughed. "Are you that dumb? There's only one answer for me, because I know I am right!"

"What will that be?" She asked.

"You dying along with me!"

----

"Madame President?" Sayaka asked.

Kirari looked around before noticing it was just her and Sayaka in the council room. "Hm, yes?"

"Are you okay? You seem a little usually." She said. "Are you sick?"

"I am well." Kirari replied.

"I know you're not." Sayaka huffed.

"If you must insist." Kirari stood up. "What do you think of L/N Y/N?"

"The girl," Sayaka looked down. "We've only briefly made contact, I wouldn't say those were good times to make freinds. We seemed like an ordinary student. . ."

"Ordinary is the last word I word use to describe her." Kirari walked over to the fish tank. "She was anything but ordinary -- she was conflicted on manners I was oblivious to -- until I selfishly exposed her true intentions of her darkening soul."

"President I'm sure it wasn't your fault for her behavior." Sayaka reassured.

"Sayaka, I am a human with selfish emotions that can corrupt another in ways you would had never thought of." She turned around, her hand against the class. "I was ignorant."

"You can't blame yourself for someone else's actions." Sayaka said, her fist to her chest. "It was an honest mistake!"

"I can blame my own to cause another to betray their morals." Kirari smiled. "A mistake you say? You have too much faith in me, honey. I am just a selfish soul, and you are too obsessed to understand." Sayaka grimaced at the playful tone.

"Although," Kirari started. "She wasn't the person I would had spent my whole life with, and the relationship would soon had ended under other professions."

"You didn't want to stay with her?" Sayaka questioned. "What does that mean?!"

"Just because you love someone so dearly doesn't mean they would end up as the soul you'll enjoy until death." Kirari sighed. "She was very lovely, but she had demons she didn't handle, and it caused her to fall into their hands -- in constant torture with oneself. I just happened to waken them up on my own terms."

"Demons?" Sayaka mumbled.

"Don't assume I don't have some of my own as you do." Kirari sat down on the sofa. "I have many -- they'll soon catch up to me when the time is right."

"Madame President. . . ." Sayaka trailed.

"Our righteousness has been misinformed." She said. "We had none to begain with." She looked at the moon. "After all, life is unpredictable as the universe itself. We may never know where our end will be, nor what the cause -- it could be someone unknown or the one reflected in the mirror."

Who lays in the mirror?

You or the one you hate?

Sturdy Righteousness.

---

Edit: August 28th, 2022

Final Edit:

Words: 575