Sturdy [7]

Thought I found a way
Thought I found a way, yeah (found)
But you never go away (never go away)
So I guess I gotta stay now

I try to reach out to her in the mirror.
But it always shatters, telling me I lost the one I loved, and I'll never get her back no matter how hard I try to escape my mind -- the endless void of tragedy.

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here

Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear

When I get close to grasp her hand it turns into dust, taunting me - my own thoughts killing me every so slowly. My demons mocking me with all their might.

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

Some days I feel so close, I feel her warm affectionate touch, but she slips away. I am too late she has someone else. Someone different -- to balance herself out, to make things right.

Walkin' out of town
Lookin' for a better place (lookin' for a better place)
Something's on my mind
Always in my headspace

She disappears like a ghost when they have been laid to rest -- in a peacefully sleep of their dreams. I am never to be at peace for what I've done.

But I know some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear

When am I able to watch her from the skies in peace to where the pain of my sin can be forgotten from her mind and mine -- to be released from all the trouble I've costed to let go of my demons I held onto for so long.

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin and bone
Hello, welcome home

If I were to forgive myself, would she let me live? To wander the skies to my own? Let me sing songs will beautiful Angels?

Woah, yeah
Yeah, ah
Woah, woah
Hello, welcome home

I shall let myself go -- she forgave me with all her heart now I must do the same so the both of us can live to our own desire -- to spend our hearts to those that matter -- to those that we cherish will ever pound of our heart.

To spread the wings of what I was meant to do, to give life to another precious being to live their own to the fullest -- every mistake to strength their growth.

But I am no good for this world. As I must sacrifice my own wicked heart for those who will shower the world will love and compassion even if there are those who swore to destroy it.

"Don't let go, I still love you, Y/N."

The blue eyes of the one she loved looked down on her own.

"I must, it's my release. To be free."

"Maybe this is goodbye, but is this the end?"

---

Edit: August 28th, 2022

Final:

Words: 558